None of the above

habberdasher

I am very confused about the upcoming elections. I support the continuance of our resources. I was appalled by The actions of DFO that hurt so many in the fishing industry. I recall in the past That DFO has always made decisions that were bad for fishing in the Pacific regardless of who was in government?
Too windy to fish today so I will have an other cup of coffee and feel guilty for thinking of not voting
Tight lines everyone

I thinks there are a lot of people who feel the same Tom.
I have reached out to the Cons to find out their position on the public fishery with no success.
The way I see it, a vote for Libs, NDP or Greens is a vote for 4 more years of what we got this year.
It's a gamble, but a Conservative gov't may be a better option.

Nothing but bad or worse options ... one government that’ll continue to mismanage the Fisheries and the other that’ll mismanage the resource such that there’s not enough fish to support fisheries ... What poison do you prefer: politicized management that prioritizes the whims of urbanites (ala SRKW over reactions) and FN reconciliation (“conservation “ closures meant to get FN gillnets fish) or continued privatization of the resource in expanding ITQs (Jimmy P et al owning the public’s fish) and industrial deregulation that’ll ensure productivity continues its rapid decline?

Perhaps I’ve just become a pessimist but I don’t see a positive future for west coast rec fishing no matter what the outcome of the next few elections are, whether majorities or minorities.

Cheers!

Ukee

Back