no coho this year?

jbv

with the onset of normal seasonal rains unlike the last couple years, did the coho go straight up the rivers? i haven't seen sight of a jumping salmon this year. none. haven't heard any reports, nada. is it still a bit early?

Saw jumpers at Kitty ramp yesterday. They seemed to be jacks. I have heard reports of many up at Browns Bay.

Word is US commercials right at the border at Alaska have hammered to coho this year... So with the hammering and sea temps we will have too see what happens. Down here in the south they are below average size. Very small. Its not October yet so hoping for rains to bring some in..

Interesting though south island had a very late season for Chinooks ( some still being caught here and there) so it possible the coho are a little late as well.

Some nice Coho at the Cluxewe last week; tough to catch on a fly though. Gear chuckers were doing quite well.

Some nice Coho at the Cluxewe last week; tough to catch on a fly though. Gear chuckers were doing quite well.

That being the case I'd say they are late, as it's been slow up until now. South Island is on schedule. I haven't got a Sooke fish over 5lbs though I lost a big one.(may have been a chum). Coho are already jumping in Victoria's Gorge.

Back