nice glasply for sale

sure looks like it's in nice shape from the pics. would be nice to know what HP the engines are rated at. might be a bit nicer with 6BTa's rather than 4's but still pretty nice. may not be able to handle or have room for the 6's being a 26'er...bet it doesn't last very long...

Is that a port side helm or is the picture flipped around? Sure does look like a nice setup, fishing and cruising from same platform. You could take it to Rupert and back, fish yer face off. Rear helm too.

It does look like a port side helm.
the fuel economy of that boat should be really good I would think...
would be good to know the size of fuel tank and range...I would think they would be around 125 hp also...

10 ghp total is what Jeff told me @ 18-20 knot, he figures the tank is over 100 gallon

sounds about right. about a 200 mile range on a 100 gallon tank... probably a little more if throttled down and doing hull speed at around 6 or 7 knots per hr...

my last trip in the fall we started in Ucluelet, fished for 6 days from dawn to dusk in the broken group and Bamfield area. I figure I burned about 50 gallons. actually it was less since I topped up tank #1 from my tidy tank and my tidy tank only holds 50 gallons. topped up the boat tank and put what was left in my truck. truck was at half and it brought my truck up to 3/4 tank with what was left in the tidy tank.. so probably burned about 4o to 45 gallons. I only used one engine the whole trip and didn't bring it up on plane at any time though... (due to engine problems with the other engine)
love the fuel economy of the diesels...

Last edited:
i was thinking a easy 150 mile range using 75 gallons, i talked to him for quite awhile on behalf of a friend, really nice guy, it has new heat exchangers on both engines as well. it really is a nice fishing platform

If those are properly marinized cummins with troll valves, those engines alone are probably worth at least $30,000..., even used.
looks like he took alot of pride in keeping it in good shape.
I think I noticed separate controls for throttle and transmission (forward-neutral-reverse). I have one set of controls on mine for the same. not sure if I'd like them separated but i guess it's what you're used to.

Last edited:
It would take some getting used to those controls, I'd need a lot of practice at docking before venturing into a busy marina.

Out of my price range but if I saw this hull style with gas power and price to match, I'd take a serious look. I know how few hours I put on a boat in a season, diesels are nice but they'd be just capital sitting in the water for me.

"Out of my price range but if I saw this hull style with gas power and price to match, I'd take a serious look. I know how few hours I put on a boat in a season, diesels are nice but they'd be just capital sitting in the water for me."

I totally agree with this comment. I've debated many times about the whole diesel versus gas. You really have to be using your boat a lot to justify the added expense.

That is a very nice set up for sure and at that price stellar value. The price of powering with diesel is hard to justify in a recreational application. Last time i re-powered i wanted a diesel but at 30 k for a bobtail Cummins and 9 k for a stroked small block, it left me with 21 k in gas money. That's the reality . My most recent boat is powered by a Yanmar 6lp 315 hp diesel. The pleasure of cruising a 9000 lb. boat at 35 lph and having a 400 mile range at cruise speed is hard to beat. I may never see the economic return on my diesel engine purchase but it never fails to put a smile on my face when the turbo spools . I think once you have had a diesel it would be very hard to go back to burning gas.

I have same opinion on diesel trucks. For me, they don't make sense because I don't haul a big trailer (fully fuelled boat is just barely 3000 lb) and I only do the average 20,000 km a year, with about 2000-2500 km of that being towing. The auto makers charge a premium of at least $5000 for a diesel and they don't have enough of a fuel economy advantage to pay off that premium, at least not at 20K a year. $200 oil and filter change lengthens the ROI period even more.

Back