newbie trailer ?

dhk

I measured 25' from end of transom to bow eye, does this mean I should be looking for a trailer that measures 25' from end of bunk/roller to winch post?Screenshot_20210503-115230.png

I measured 25' from end of transom to bow eye, does this mean I should be looking for a trailer that measures 25' from end of bunk/roller to winch post?View attachment 65185
Attached is a 6000lb. Tuff Trailer. From the end of the Bunk to the Winch Post is currently set at 20’. The winch post on most trailers will have approx 30” of adjustment .My boat is 24’ but measures 18’ from the bow eye to the transom . What model is that boat in the photo?

Attachments

• C1AC33B3-F1BE-4F15-9B85-93AEBF7B1940.jpeg
    C1AC33B3-F1BE-4F15-9B85-93AEBF7B1940.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 14
it is a old 2502 bayliner ... the first two trailers I went to see measured 19' and the winch post where all the way forward... didn't seem right but one man rest assured his 26 foot boat fit on the trailer and the other guy said to just let the boat hang off the back ...

it is a old 2502 bayliner ... the first two trailers I went to see measured 19' and the winch post where all the way forward... didn't seem right but one man rest assured his 26 foot boat fit on the trailer and the other guy said to just let the boat hang off the back ...
The Center of gravity has to be over the axles otherwise you’ll have a nightmare trailering. Hanging over the back isn’t going to be a good thing. I have no idea what that boat weights in at but that in a must know , likely 5000 lbs or so “dry” . In my case the transom is well onto the rear bunk by about 12” or so . The C of G is directly over the axles. You should confirm the measurements from the bow eye to the transom , 25’ seems really long to me

Reactions: dhk
Back