New tonneau cover

jeffywestcoast

well had a good 8 years with my Pace Edwards jack rabbit roll top tonneau cover but this last week it bit the biscuit and needed to be replaced005.jpg it had some pretty good dents in it that made it hard for it to roll up, after researching them for a few day and going to a few Accessories shops here in town I ended up buyin a BAK industries G2 BAKFLIP cover, looks like it will be a good fit and it is one of the higher rated entry level models, I just could not justify 2k for a new roll shutter , I still have the locking tailgate from my last model so it should be pretty secure when it is installed on the truck.. looking forward to an easy install as it is only 30 min install I could not justify the canopy shop $300 mark up on said product. What sold me on the product was the fact it folds up out of the way so I can haul a couple bikes or a quad , the fact it does not cover the stake pockets on the truck and the fact it locks down secure in multiple positions and fully closed.backflipG2.jpg:cool:

It's pretty slick ,two bikes or a quad no problem, can even get an aluminum boat rack for on top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff.......I put one on my 2014 ram 3500 this fall. Like you said it was a super easy install, fits really well and still able to put the kids Razor in the back. I think I paid just shy of a grand here in Northern Alberta which I thought was good. There are no shortage of trucks here loaded with accessories so I had a good chance to look at all makes and models of covers on all makes and models of trucks. The Bak flip is definitely the nicest looking.....IMO The store I dealt with said it had been one of his best products with few complaints and he had issues with more expensive brands especially in colder climates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found mine online at Autocustoms.ca , 883.00 taxes included and free shipping, coming from Ontario. I have been researching them for a while and was able to try out the display model at the accessories shop here in town, should be hear early next week

I got my bakflip G2 for my F150 6.5foot box from Custom Truck Parts in Surrey for $760.00 and took me 30mins to install it. Love it but not 100% leak tight but 95% water tight definitly.

Ya, my pace Edwards roll up wasn't 100% either ..aways leaked a tiny bit at the tailgate

Pretty sure my pace edwards could be fixed by someone with the know how.. Free to any SFBC member who wants it, it fits an 04 dodge with 6'4" bed.

Installed my new tonneau cover today
867e764026ff813174007a3b2597b3f2.jpg
pretty good fit me thinks

With this cold weather we are having my flip top will freeze shut, careful not to rip the rubber opening it.

Going to be looking for a rack for my Jon boat next i think.,i like having my stake pockets again..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back