New to the Island

viking46

Just moved here from Manitoba and already I miss my Walleyes!

Now I have to learn a new way of fishing but not having much luck waving around a light line. Where can one go in the Parksville/Quallicum area to learn how to use a fly line or very light spinning outfits? Also what about shore fishing? Any around?

Thanks guys.

Long rod, tight line

Go up to Port Alberni and follow the signs to Stamp falls. On your way you could go to the Rifle range (sportsmen's Club) and fish there and up to Girl Guide falls about a mile up. Spinners sleigh at this time. Good luck!

welcome to the Island Viking I was just in Parksville last week.Its a great community the Island you will love.Port Albernie looks like your best bet but also check into Campbell river.I'm sure the locals can give you some info.As for missing your walleye's i'll catch some for you lol. http://www.xtremesportfishing.com

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Had my first tie-in with a Coho on the Stamp (by the gun club) and it was awesome! Lost 3 landed one. Snapped my 18 lb test line, lost hooks, got a calus on my hand, hooked myself twice - but I had an absolute blast. Walleyes and Northerns were fun but so is this.

Thanks.

Long rod, tight line

Back