New Profile posts

Sculpin

Has anyone else realized that Private Messages are being posted for everyone including non members to see under the right hand column called New Profile posts. Admin might want to look into this. A little while ago Fogduckers personal cell number was revealed to all. It is still going on.........

Some might want to watch what they type lol.........

Hi Sculpin.

I don't believe its peoples PM's / Conversations that are visible. It is the posts on the members Profile page if they have that feature enabled. I have my Profile page set to not allow anyone to post on my Profile page, and none of my PM's / Conversations are showing. Two different messaging systems. The Profile page posts are designed to be visible I believe (not private). Use that system at your own risk. That is why I keep it disabled in my profile settings.

To each his own Big Guy. Just pointing it out. I believe I have read many Private Messages over the last few weeks since the software upgrade.

Gear and Beer is the last one showing. Hopefully he chimes in......

To each his own Big Guy. Just pointing it out. I believe I have read many Private Messages over the last few weeks since the software upgrade.

Holy Sh*t. I just checked Gear and Beer's profile page and you are right. He has no posts on his profile page. The others I looked at did, so I assumed all were profile posts. I would suggest going through the list and shoot @Admin a message if your PM's are being displayed. My apologies you are correct Sculpin.

It isn't up now but a week or more ago Fogducker was talking with someone and he posted his cell number. He is a long time member and I am sure he wouldn't do that in the public member conversation part of this forum under his user name. I think the messages you are seeing on the right hand side of the screen under New Profile posts are Private Messages. Call me crazy if you will but Admin might want to look into it. You all might want to watch what you type for the time being.

It isn't up now but a week or more ago Fogducker was talking with someone and he posted his cell number. He is a long time member and I am sure he wouldn't do that in the public member conversation part of this forum under his user name. I think the messages you are seeing on the right hand side of the screen under New Profile posts are Private Messages. Call me crazy if you will but Admin might want to look into it. You all might want to watch what you type for the time being.
You are not crazy. Any time you put an @ in front of a members name in a post the member will be notified, so @Admin should have already been notified about this problem.

I have been trying not to post on public forums as much anymore. This has been going on since the software update and nobody noticed it. I feel for the people that have expressed things or said things to others that they thought where private.

I have been trying not to post on public forums as much anymore. This has been going on since the software update and nobody noticed it. I feel for the people that have expressed things or said things to others that they thought where private.
I would suggest changing all your profile settings to private and members only until this is resolved.

Personally I am surprised that someone like yourself that is is on here 24/7 expressing your expertise on everything under the sun didn't notice it. Part and parcel to my not reporting it earlier. Have fun folks and remain safe....
Wow got your nose a little out of joint there Sculpin. I realized that you were correct within a few minutes, and apologized for contradicting you. I'm really not in the habit of poking around in peoples profile posts, so I had no reason to notice.Thanks for pointing out the problem, so people are aware of the privacy issue.

Your Private Conversations, or PM's, are still private. What is happening, when you see posts on the forum homepage, is that members are clicking on another members username and then clicking Profile Page where a text box will appear and comments or status updates can be made. To keep your conversations private, you need to use the Start Conversation feature you see when you click on another members username. I will post a more detailed explanation with screen shots when I have the time, but rest assured, your PM's are not seen by everyone else.

Brian

thx for pointing that out John ,

have alot of un-deleted pm's , alot of good reads there lol
kinda makes me wonder how private they are , a few of the long timers remaining here have my cell ,
and ive posted it here on occasion , no biggy , however , i will be deleting all my messages , and wont be using that function anymore ,
if looking to contact me , fire me off your email or cell , prob best , also really limit my time here , just got way to public...

adios amigos

fd

Holy guacamole......apparently PM's aren't so private. I did do the start a conversation thing, and have done so in the past without it being public. Anyway good heads up as I send some totally non serious trash to buds on occasion that could be taken the wrong way!

Darin

Just looked in my inbox and the conversation that Sculpin is talking about isn't in there.....I musta effed up.

my bad

Let me reiterate...anytime you are using the "Conversation" function your exchanges are only seen by whomever you include in that conversation. Those conversations are NOT accessible by anyone else. You do not need to delete anything from your inbox to protect yourself from someone seeing that content.

Last edited:
Back