NEW PRAWN TRAPS 4 SALE

Fishing Guide

Cheers All,

I managed to purchase 2 orders of surplus prawn traps (order was not picked up from manufacturer by retailer) and they are offered for sale on a 'first come...first served basis'. There are two versions:

Sport Model: 1/4 in ribbing 3 ring 3 entrance 24" s/s trap retails for $55.00 - $65.00 + TAX

--> I have 30 available -- $45.00 cash/unit NO TAX

Commercial Model: 5/8 in ribbing 3 entrance 31" ss trap retails for $90 - 110.00 + TAX

--> I have 50 available -- $55.00 cash/unit NO TAX

PLEASE NOTE: I have added EXACTLY $5.00 TO MY PRICE TO COVER HANDLING!

www.fishingvancouverisland.org

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff

Cheers Unknown,

Thank you for your kind offer to purchase all the traps. They are commercial quality and I have no problem having them inspected prior to purchase. I don't involve myself with junk.

You hit the ball out of the ball park when you stated that you had "talked to a local MFG and the price you have quoted is way below what he could sell them to me for, so I would like to buy all of the traps that you have to offer."

Please don't take offense but I did not purchase these simply to resell them to a retailer. They were bulk purchased so that fellow fisherman could get an exceptional deal. I am not here to make money off this but to give a break to fellow fishermen. The job of retail is for places like PNT who, understandably, have to make money to remain in business. This is a one time shot and after they're gone...they're gone.

I will list them for 10 days and, if after that there are any left, I will consider your generous offer. I sincerely thank you for making such.

I am located in Nanaimo.

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff

Thanks for going out of your way to get us everyday fisherman a good deal on thses traps, some other people on here are just trying to keep all the good deals to themselfs. I bought four traps off you earlier last summer and they worked just great. I will take two of the commercial traps

Cheers UNKNOWN,

Cheers UNKNOWN,

"I offered to buy, is there something wrong with that? I clearly don't have an issue, I will still buy them when he calls me to tell me that I can...the price is good, better than I can get."

Thank you UNKNOWN. I don't have an issue with your offer to purchase. I know the price is excellent and I thank you for your offer. And, as I stated, I will give these 2 sites 10 days to move the traps and then I will contact you.

"I am uncertain what the big deal is, and why you are posting this conversation everywhere...is there anything concerning that I may have missed?? Is there a reason why you are taking it to a personal level? Hmmm...there must be more that I missed. Also to clarify I did not email you, all of our conversation has been here - I am very confused??"

There are two big deals here: the price and the quality of the traps. That is all. I have not posted this conversation everywhere. It has been posted on the two best fishing chatrooms in Canada: fishingvancouverisland.org and sportsfishingbc.com in an effort to pass along a good deal to the members. I have felt very fortunate to be a part of both these two communities and, as such, it is simply an effort to give back in some fashion.

I appologize if you feel if this was a personal attack. In no form or fashion was that intended and, if you feel such, that was neither the intent nor the feedback I am getting. I have enjoyed our friendship over the years and I would not wish to jeopardize that over a few traps.

I used the word "emailed" as that is what a chatroom is - electronic or "email" - rather than other forms of communication such as radio, letters, telephone etc.... Again, nothing personal, just my understanding of what this medium is called. However, if you prefer a different name, please let me know and I will ensure that I use the correct term.

"Ps...I still own KillFish. Also I am not UNKNOWN - That is the name I chose for my boat of which is a long term refit project. I am posting here as I am not a member on FVI where you made the following post."

Since KillFish left the chatroom scene I was unsure of its status as I have spent almost all of my chatroom time in either fishingvancouverisland.org or sporstfishingbc.com. I have changed the posting to reflect your confirmed status. I used UNKNOWN as your name as that is what is shown as your name. If you change it I will ensure I acknowledge such change.

Finally (sigh) I posted on fishingvancouverisland.org as that is one of the two chatrooms I use. I posted your email as a means of showing what a GREAT DEAL this offer truely represents and what I am doing. The posting was simply a means of being up front and transparent and it was not intended as anything else.

I started this by trying to give a break to my fellow fisherman. Not sure why it is becoming such a burden. Now I hope we can conclude this by finish selling these traps so we can all go fishing n' prawning! :D

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff

Cheers All,

ALL THE TRAPS ARE NOW SPOKEN FOR. If someone does not follow through I will repost. I will be contacting those who had traps put aside for them so they can pick them up.

I thank you all for your support in the endeavour. Enjoy the traps!

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff

Thanks again Fishing Guide for the great traps, they are everything you said they were. Now i got four of these great fishing traps now!!!

Cheers All,

I have 2 brand new traps left. They are the intermediate size: 27" so they fit right between the 24" and the 31" traps. These are brand new, already have the holder system installed and are $50.00 (same price as the 24") - and again, NO TAX!

Let me know.

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff

Crap looks like I found this post a little too late, I had my traps stolen last year and would love to have gotten in on this deal, ohwell let me know if you get anymore:) and P.S. Fishind Guide, good on ya for helping out the little guys

http://www.salmonfest.ca
Caught that bad boy alone
in a 14 foot aluminum

Back