New Licensing procedures??

Earl Ledge

I'm sorting out out old passwords and clearing off my 'name@shaw' email address from everything I've ever registered for, as my geek friends tell me that ALL the Shaw addresses will be retired in the near future when the one telecom swallows up the other. So today I tried to go onto the DFO licensing site (where I have registered with a Shaw address) only to find that the old log in process is gone. There was no word of advice that they've retired the old profiles and process. It looks like I'll have to create a new profile and login using the GCKey which is a federal 'access everything' login system. I actually started in on that, creating a profile for renewal of my sport fishing licence, and balked when it again started to ask for all my name address info one more time...
Can anyone confirm for me that the old system is defunct and that I need to start over?? It seems unreasonable, bureaucratic, stupid, to dump all the old profiles without a word of notification, and no specific indication of the need for this new process, e.g. 'We've dumped the old registration system, sorry you have to start again with the new system"...

I'm sorting out out old passwords and clearing off my 'name@shaw' email address from everything I've ever registered for, as my geek friends tell me that ALL the Shaw addresses will be retired in the near future when the one telecom swallows up the other. So today I tried to go onto the DFO licensing site (where I have registered with a Shaw address) only to find that the old log in process is gone. There was no word of advice that they've retired the old profiles and process. It looks like I'll have to create a new profile and login using the GCKey which is a federal 'access everything' login system. I actually started in on that, creating a profile for renewal of my sport fishing licence, and balked when it again started to ask for all my name address info one more time...
Can anyone confirm for me that the old system is defunct and that I need to start over?? It seems unreasonable, bureaucratic, stupid, to dump all the old profiles without a word of notification, and no specific indication of the need for this new process, e.g. 'We've dumped the old registration system, sorry you have to start again with the new system"...
I just logged in with no problems.

Once your in with your old email/password. Go to edit profile and you can change your email address there.

Back