New 'Kiss My... Chinook' Derby June 18

SVIAC

Buy a ticket now Kiss My … Chinook Derby Tickets
or go to http://anglerscoalition.com/?page_id=4246 to buy tickets online and for more derby information

What - An inexpensive no-frills South Vancouver Island salmon fishing derby to be held on Saturday of this Father’s Day Weekend

When - Saturday 18th June 2016 from 5:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Why - This is a fun, angler-friendly salmon fishing event designed to make a soft protest against the authorities for the poor treatment South Vancouver Island angling community has received related to the management of Fraser Chinook salmon. This event is for all those anglers who are deeply frustrated by the year-in-year-out uncertainty and overly restrictive salmon regulations during June and July. Using a no frills format the derby will reward its contestants with a chance at two main cash prizes. One prize for the largest legal salmon and one prize will be a draw.

Derby Headquarters and Weigh Station
The Kiss My … Chinook Derby will be headquartered at Pedder Bay RV Resort and Marina, 925 Pedder Bay Road (off Rocky Point Road in Metchosin). The derby’s official weigh station will also be at the same location.

Boundaries: Contestants can fish in the Canadian tidal waters off: Oak Bay, Victoria, Esquimalt, Colwood, Metchosin, East Sooke, Sooke and Shirley. The western boundary is a north – south line from the mouth of Jordan River to the US – Canadian International border in mid-Juan de Fuca Strait and the eastern boundary is a east – west line from Cadboro Point to the US – Canadian International border in mid-Haro Strait. Please see derby rules listed on anglerscoalition.com for details.

Rules and Regulations - Link to the Kiss My … Chinook Rules and Regulations Page

Tickets - Standard ticket price $50 per rod
Discounts:
1. – Regular ticket price includes a special 6 month SVIAC membership
2. – SVIAC members can purchase a derby ticket for $40 (a $10 discount)
3. – Juan de Fuca Fishing Tournament ticket holders price $25

Buy a ticket now Kiss My … Chinook Derby Tickets

NOTE: 1. If there are any profits arising from this event the SVIAC, the event organizers, will direct them towards supporting the Sooke River Chinook Revitalization Initiative and strengthening their lobbying efforts. 2. In the unlikely event there is a closure of the fishery announced by DFO that would impact this derby all monies collected for ticket sales will be refunded.

SVIAC, 1 minute ago

Back