Netflix Is Awesome

MyEscape

Just set up Netflix two days ago using the Wii to get online hooked up to the 46" HDTV
You can also hook up through the computer / laptop / ps3 / xbox 360 and more....
Great picture, lots of great movies and shows, great features, great price...... JMO

But no sports or more important no canucks games !!!!

Nice to get what they say you are going to get at the price they advertise and free for a month to try.

Cheers ME

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hooked it up on my PS3 last week. Very happy with it. Nice to have some TV series shows on there as well. Including the River monsters series.

How old and out of date are you guys? Netflix for free is ok...but to pay to watch old movies is gay... You guys still have VHS don't you....

LOL.. I haven't seen a lot of these old movies. For $8 a month it's dirt cheap entertainment.

We've looked at Netflix and will probably hook it up in the future. When I went on line there were a ton of titles listed that aren't available to Canadians at this point in time so I called the company to find out why.

There are basically 3 Netflix divisions. One that is their online/deliver by mail/no late fees rental service where you get 3 movies fore as long as you want for $8 a month, plus the online viewing but this is for US customers only. Then there's the Canadian version sans the movie rentals.

Where it gets screwed up is that they can't rent titles to Canadians and they don't have the broadcasting rights to most of the movies on the site for Canadian distribution. The guy told me they were currently working on a deal for Cdn. Dist. rights to a package of over 700 titles to add to the existing list. I check back to the site every once in a while to see if the titles are added before we sign up, but no luck yet. He told me by May it should be in place at the latest.

Otherwise I know a ton of people who have it and some have even cancelled their cable! Can't be that bad. I guess you just go to a buddies if you want to watch a game.

Netflix has added quite a bit in the last while. Most of the material is older but still quite a few that I have not seen or want to watch again. If you check out the reality tv show section, they have season 2 of deadliest catch. Is some good stuff if you check it out carefully and don't mind, OLDER Stuff. lol.

I use Netflix on the PS3, and the Wii, and it seems decent. Needs more fishing shows, but I'll be happy when River Monsters 3 comes out, although Jeremy must be having a hard time finding new giant fish to catch for the show, as I think they've covered most of the "Monsters"?... Might have to get him to hook into a Sleeper or Basking Shark

Back