Need ideas to cover deck hole

Rex4deo

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can cover this deck hole? I removed a pedestal seat and found this underneath. The dimensions don't align with any standard deck plate covers. Short of custom making a stainless steel plate, I can't think of anything else.

1fc98a0ac97bbf87aff3ef33139b2d3c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Go To industry plastics and get them to custom cut a plastic cover to fit that..or fiberglass it over

I'd go with one of those deck plates CIVANO talking about. Looks like the 8" one will work, you'll have to cut the hole a little larger and I would seal the new cut before I installed it.

Yes, I've seen these. But as is said, the dimensions don't align. I would have to cut a larger hole to make the 10 inch plate fit and the 8 inch plate requires a 6 1/2 inch hole. The hole is 6 inches and the screw in holes are 8 inches. I was hoping there is a product out there that is just a flat plate that has the same hole dimensions as the bottom of a standard seat post.

So that is the question... Has anyone seen a product that is a flat stainless or plastic plate with the same dimensions as the bottom of a standard pedestal seat post?

Why not just get a nice piece of starboard cut it to size drill the holes to match. Sand down the edges to a bevel and presto a removable cover. You could even install some anchor nuts so you would not strip the holes out after to much re and re.

Starboard could work and getting something fabricated is always an option. Thanks for the tips.

Back