Need help... any trades ppl?

Hey Dan, if you could handle it, BC Ferries is hiring all the time, and they will pay all your schooling for Heavy Duty Mechanic, i was going to apply but living in metchosin, it was to far to drive, and im fit with a trades job already! They pay very well, and after hearing your situation may help you with some steady hours. Also, if thats not up your alley, go down to the local carpenters union on quadra and hillside, Ask for a fellow named Sean Ohara, He might be able to set you up with a carpentry apprenticeship.

Good luck buddy!!

Keep your head up, and if you ever need a Babysitter, My little sister is always looking for a few bucks, and has her certificate!

-Steve

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

Hey Dan, if you could handle it, BC Ferries is hiring all the time, and they will pay all your schooling for Heavy Duty Mechanic, i was going to apply but living in metchosin, it was to far to drive, and im fit with a trades job already! They pay very well, and after hearing your situation may help you with some steady hours. Also, if thats not up your alley, go down to the local carpenters union on quadra and hillside, Ask for a fellow named Sean Ohara, He might be able to set you up with a carpentry apprenticeship.

Good luck buddy!!

Keep your head up, and if you ever need a Babysitter, My little sister is always looking for a few bucks, and has her certificate!

-Steve
right on and groovy. Are Greg and Marsha going to have their far out band over?

I think im a little bit confused Tidehunter?? Did i miss somthing, or is it just the fact i live in Metchosin???

-Steve

no i dont think u did fishflyguy, tidehunter or whomever he or she may be is just another donkeys butt, likes to jump on whoever might have something to say towards he/she but if you look at how many posts it has and how many are just joking or a slag on someone i think we all realize who and what they really are
just a big TROLL

now i bet i will be attacked for this, but we all know this sounds like someone else we have just got rid of how many times, and when u look back at the beginning of these posts tide was harsh then calmed down , due to the attacks in return and is now feeling tough enough to jump on the higher horse again

i have bitten my tounge as was requested , but the trolls goto go

I see, i guess i just try to have a positive input in my posts and many of theses TROLLS seem to find them.

Well whatever floats there boat i guess, i was just confused, if that was his way of being an butt then he might want to try a little better next time.

-Steve

Dan
Ok, to start i am a Commercial transport by trade and then finally moved up to the suit level( caused from a back injury) I can tell you that if you take the first step and complete the ELTT, first level, you will find that more employers will look at you. An average wage right now for a guy with all the papers (TQ,CVIP, class 1-3) you will be in the 32.00 per hour range, it can be as high as 37.00.
As a first year apprentice and you get on with a quality shop you will be 55-60% wage and move up 10% for every year completed. While going to school, you can write off all the courses and book's on your income tax.
As for transit, i have been approached many times to go there, as i have a few buddies that went.Yes they are taking on more guys due to retirement though the thing you need to watch is that every year all the jobs go into the hat on Dec 31 and then awarded to the highest guy first and then down, which means as a junior guy GRAVEYARD shift.

I dont want to rain on your thoughts, just the truth, It is a great trade, you will always have a job, as long as you use the thing inside your head and dont screw with your fellow wrench.

If needed send me a note and i may be able to point you.

cheers

Back