Need camera advice

Labman2

Wanting to buy one of those Go-Pro's.
I googled their web page, but it's too confusing, too many models and too many options!
What do you guy's that are using them recommend?
I want to be able to use it on the Boat,ATV, whatever.
Price isn't really a concern, but I want it fairly simple, don't like to spend alot of time on a learning curve.

The newest one is your best bet and the one I bought. $349 at Future Shop or Best Buy. They are simple to use and upload to pc.

I've got the HD Hero, not the HD Hero 2. They are all really easy to use, it has 2 buttons on the camera and really are as tough as people say.
The outdoor edition is basically what I got, plus a couple of extra mounts and the LCD backpack. I've used mine on my motorcycle, strapped to my kayak, used the biking handlebar mount to strap it to my boat's roof supports, used the tripod mount to make a handle for scuba diving. There is no end to what you can strap these things too. When you go skiing, it seems everyone has one strapped to their helmets.
I made a lanyard out of 100lb test PowerPro, so I can have a second securing device, mainly for when I'm kayak surfing and the camera is taking a beating when I'm paddling back out (or I get it wrong and flip).
I'd just choose the one with the mounts you think you can use, the camera is the same, I think.

Thanks for the input guys, headed to Future shop (they own Best Buy too) to see what they got!

bought my gopro boxing day at Best Buy for 199. Walking out of the store past future shop on the way to my car, and I see Future Shop has it for 189. 10 bucks cheaper...

I got the Hero 1. came witha handful of mounts, 2 batteries and both under water and open air backing for the plastic case. Love this little camera...gotta pick up the pole mount this week so'z its ready for some action next weekend in ukee..cant wait to go deeper than my long arms reach.

I've bought 4 now and the best setup is $475 including tax at futureshop. Gopro hero2 kit (they only sell one kind of kit at future shop), 16gb sd card and roll bar mount. You can use that roll bar mount on your boat, atv, gun, hockey stick, fish net, etc... I bought the wireless start stop button thing, and I would only recommend that if you have more than one camera as you can control all with one remote. For one cam it's not really necessary. Spare batteries are a good idea as well as programming your gopro to shut off automatically after 60seconds if not recording.

Back