Need a 19 Pitch Prop for a Merc

I have a V6 Merc 175 2 stroke. A 19 Pitch would do it, I prefer stainless..but would not rule out aluminum. Used is great. Will pay what it's worth..Thanks

how do you decide what prop you need? i was wondering about the best way to get the most performance for my merc..
i have a opti 115 with a 19 (stock) alum.
i get only 5000 rpm and push 40 mph on the gps.
2006 campion full tank of gas, 2 adaults.
is changing the prop going to give you better fuel economy?
will the marine shop let you try a prop before you purchace?

Got a 17 mirage with a 1/4 inch cup in it in excellent condition.just took it off not a single ding or never repaired, new style one with the graphite hub system.

e-mail me or phone me

Wolf

Wolf I may be interested in that one, I run alumi's in the river but a ss would be great for my trip to renfrew, what does the 1/2 " cup do to it??

That prop would go 5400 rpm with a full loaded boat so all it did was knock it down 100 rpm as it was just a slight cup in it it also makes it "dig" in better in the whole shot not hat that moter had a problem. Im letting it go because I was given one of those new 4 blade revolution to try and made my boat handle way better so of course had to give it back and I had to go buy one, dont ask about the price had to take out a small morgage LOL...

That 17 like I said is in mint condition ill let it go for a deal but will chat in person not on here as people tend to jump down ones throat when they dont like a price of something.

btw came off of a 225 optimax

Wolf

Hey Wolf
When you switched to 4 blade did it change pitch at all?
I got a 3 blade 17p aluminum on and want to replace it with a 4 blade 17p ss. Wonder if the 150opti will handle it
Thanks
quote:Originally posted by wolf

That prop would go 5400 rpm with a full loaded boat so all it did was knock it down 100 rpm as it was just a slight cup in it it also makes it "dig" in better in the whole shot not hat that moter had a problem. Im letting it go because I was given one of those new 4 blade revolution to try and made my boat handle way better so of course had to give it back and I had to go buy one, dont ask about the price had to take out a small morgage LOL...

That 17 like I said is in mint condition ill let it go for a deal but will chat in person not on here as people tend to jump down ones throat when they dont like a price of something.

btw came off of a 225 optimax

Wolf

Do you mean rpm at wot?? 17 ptch is a 17 pitch, the reason i switched is i have had a cavitation problem only in really rough water sometimes but with the 4 blade it eliminated I was living with it as it only happened once in a while but as soon as I put the 4 blade on it wow made it a new boat.
If your wot is in the proper zone and no other probs???
do you need more stern lift as that prop does that???

Wolf

I meant did you have to change the pitch of the new 4 prop to lower pitch or did you stick with the same pitch.
I'm looking to get going a little faster, now only doing about 58km/h at WOT and was told that by going to ss the speed should pick up a bit since aluminum props do flex more than ss thus becoming a smaller pitch at high rpm.
thanks

No just kept it as a stock 17 was out today and do 3700-3800 rpm and cruise at 28 to 30 mph.
once you use a SS one you will never go back to an alum. way better for every thing.

wolf I have the exact same prob, my mistake thought the prop you had was a 4 blade, misunderstood. I have a 19 and 17 3 blade looking for a four, perhaps even a 5, I'm running a 175 merc on a 19.5 custom aluminum bowrider.

No I started with a 3 blade but now have switched and really like the 4 blade revolution it made my baot perform way better. I can honestly saw I was sceptical at first but oce I did try it awesome!!!!!

wolf

Hey Wolf
Looks like The Blue is gonna get wet, eh?
Thought I saw ya on Old Island Hwy driving to Sooke in the AM. Boy that boat looks pretty huge on the trailer.

cheers
sorry for the HJ reelen

Damn I was spotted again you are right boat is in sooke now.

Wolf

Back