Nawhitti River wolf attack

It's a good thing he didn't land on the back of the one wolf when he jumped off the log jam-it would have torn him up good maybe killed him.

The article is a POFS-talking about 'lead dogs' in the Wolf pack-reads like it was written by a elementary school kid-or his Grannie.

He and his dogs are very lucky! I bet he will be packing a rifle with him the next time he goes out fishing in the bush.

Interesting read and would no doubt get the ticker pounding! Good to hear the outcome. Seems a bit played up though. Fishing rod eaten haha? 150 lb island wolf?

Think the article was written verbatim from the guy's perspective, which would be a bit sensationalized, keeping up with his adrenaline. Very lucky guy, and surprised he or the dogs weren't hurt worse.

quite the story, but why the heck would he take the time to take a picture with his phone ?

I think he did that to explain the dogs death. He mentioned the wolf had it by the back of the neck and he figured the dog was dead, but had seen the dog move and went after it.

Sounds a little exciting for sure. Lucky guy no doubt. There are definately lots of Wolves at the north end of the island, I remember years ago hiking to Cape Scott and seeing lots of sign on the way in and out, big footie prints, wouldn't want to encounter one face to face if it was hungry.

He said he fished there for twenty-one years and never even seen so much as a deer, well now he knows why he hasn't seen any deer, they don't like wolves.

That and the fact that the conservation officers are still verdict out on what attacked two dogs here in CR last week. Vet says Cougar, Conservation guys can't find proof but can't rule it out.

As for the encounter, that's why I always try to carry insurance, spelled "Reminton 870 Police".

I know Bill well...quite well...don't think he'd exaggerate too much. He is about as straight of a shooter as they come.

Back