National Energy Board quietly given authority to assess pipeline damage to fish....

Maybe next time when Canada, and particular BC votes, its citizen will think about the real consequences. An election is really the only time the powerless non-rich can outweigh the few wealthy. Why then the mass most often falls for hollow promises before any election is still beyond me. It is probably a lack of general intelligence in our society. If it was not so sad it would be amusing how the crying and whining starts right after each election when the consequences ripple down. Works every time! Smarten up Canada or just live with it!

What do you do when there is not an honest party to be found? BC can vote all we want if the rest of the nation (who cares about the national economy not some fish in a river) doesn't vote the way BC does the results are the same.

Our province needs to claim ownership of fisheries and put a stop to all this federal BS. That was the Green Party platform last provincial election but who voted for them? If you did great - if not Dont complain the greens were the only ones who said they will stand up to the Feds people say it would have never worked and our economy in BC would tank but if not given a chance we'll never know.

BC liberals will never stand up to the Feds, NDP wouldn't have either we just had out chance to speak up at the provincial level and our answer was clear. More of the same please.

What is even more messed up that a conflicting mandate of DFO protecting wild and farmed salmon??? The NEB assessing the potential damage of pipelines to fish!!! This is disturbing and mind boggling. Talk about a conflict of interest...

http://www.vancouversun.com/Nationa...ssess+pipeline+damage+fish/9302318/story.html

Actually, I think the NEB will be more concerned about assessing the potential damage of fish on the pipelines and pipeline plans than the other way around. ;-)

What do you do when there is not an honest party to be found? BC can vote all we want if the rest of the nation (who cares about the national economy not some fish in a river) doesn't vote the way BC does the results are the same.

Our province needs to claim ownership of fisheries and put a stop to all this federal BS. That was the Green Party platform last provincial election but who voted for them? If you did great - if not Dont complain the greens were the only ones who said they will stand up to the Feds people say it would have never worked and our economy in BC would tank but if not given a chance we'll never know.

BC liberals will never stand up to the Feds, NDP wouldn't have either we just had out chance to speak up at the provincial level and our answer was clear. More of the same please.

I dunno GDW, I think everyone who voted for Harper, Clark and Redford knew exactly what they were going to get... the same thing these parties have always given, economic development at the expense of the environment. I say if you want real change then vote for those that stand for it, if not just expect for of the same old same old.

Inspired by seadna's remarks that I totally agree with, and being a slow day at work, I put this together:

Attachments

• Salmon and Pipelines don't mix.jpg
    Salmon and Pipelines don't mix.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 122
That's great satire TinCan! You should get this published on as many websites as possible. If you can get it published in local newspapers alongside comments about NEB assuming DFO responsibilities for fish management, so much the better!

We live in crazy times but humour lifts the darkness we who care about the west coast are living in right now and gets the message across as well.

Have to get the salmon runs monitored by CSIS now. Crime so organized - it is simply "schooled" in ignoring the dictates of the PMO. Oncorhynchus noenbridgeforus is the name of the crime gang.

Here's the link to NEB website with the announcement:

http://www.neb-one.gc.ca/clf-nsi/rpblctn/ctsndrgltn/mmrndmndrstndng/fshrscnscnd2013_12_16q-eng.html

This a total conflict of interest and on top of that they have no expertise to do this. The mandate of DFO is to protect fish and fish habitat. I urge everyone who cares about fish and fish habitat to contact their local MP to express their concerns about this agreement. I also urge you to write your local newspaper or contact your local media, the Government is trying to fly this one right under the radar screen just prior to Christmas.

Nothing new, the BCOGC has been approving all the pipelines for oil and gas here in BC for years; this includes approval for fish passage and wildlife (ungulate winter range and old growth management areas), in the ALR etc.. One stop shop, same as FLNRO and a few other ministries. NEB will be the same thing, no more referals and permits taking months to get issued, one application and other than consultation with the indians, NEB will have carte blanche to approve the permits.

The business people for BC have been screaming for less red tape, less government, less restriction on how to do things and more responsibility put on them, the businesses. Most of the projects done in BC, whether minning, pipelines, logging, road building, construction and most othe major projects in BC, just to name a few, are all results based. Less tell them how to do it, more you do it and we will audit the results. Welcome to the new way of doing business in Canada. Less regulators, less emplotees, less money having to be paid out........it is the way things are done. And it is just not BC or Canada, it's done world wide.

Cheers

SS

Last edited by a moderator:
Back