Nanoose Boat Ramp

vetteman

What's the status on the boat ramp at the Nanoose Reserve?The marina looks pretty well deserted and the floats look ready to sink but the ramp still looks okay.Does the FN band still allow us to use it.It's a lot quicker for me to tow my boat there and launch if I want too fish the Winchelsea area than it is to run up from Nanaimo.
Dave

don't know about that launch but the one at schooner cove marina is free to use and not too much further drive, closer to the fishing

Didn't know that Schooner Cove was free.You're right,it is closer to where I want to fish.
Dave

really we went in there last year and asked to pay and the guy looked at us like we were crazy, he didn't even know how much it was to lunch so we just assumed it was free since the rates aren't posted anywhere hey TS how much is launch fee then? just for the record

Big changes are happining at Schooner Cove Marina. I'v heard the boat ramp will be removed and a sling will be put in. Condo's will be built at the present ramp site. It seems to me they are relaxed about the ramp fees, but they are still in place...

The Rez charges $10 to use the ramp, and its not too bad, could use a float.
Maybe it will be upgraded when Schooner cove shuts us out.

I doubt that you'll see much in thew way of upgrades to the Nanoose ramp in the near future.Pretty well the whole marina is gone now.Nobody is ever there to take money anyhow.The subject of the Schooner Cove ramp is on the agenda for Thursday nights SFAC meeting.
Dave

Back