nanaimo

R

rustyhooker

goin out in nanaimo today.....first time out,what are they catchin spring on and what depth?

Hey Rusty, Nanaimo's fishery has been great with all of the local hot spots producing. I would concentrate on the Neck pt. to Brickyard side over the next couple of weeks. Deep water on the ebb and shallow water on the flood. Should be, by far, some of the best opportunities to be had in our local waters. Try glo/black hootchies behind green/glo and plaid flashers. Hope it helps-dirty

Hey Rusty, Nanaimo's fishery has been great with all of the local hot spots producing. I would concentrate on the Neck pt. to Brickyard side over the next couple of weeks. Deep water on the ebb and shallow water on the flood. Should be, by far, some of the best opportunities to be had in our local waters. Try glo/black hootchies behind green/glo and plaid flashers. Hope it helps-dirty

black and white coyotes and green glow hootchies have been hot for me, last week only saw 4 fish in 3 days. The week before caught a ton of fish and saw lots of feed. Also got a spring around 25 lbs, third 20+ fish of the season:D

all local

black and white coyotes and green glow hootchies have been hot for me, last week only saw 4 fish in 3 days. The week before caught a ton of fish and saw lots of feed. Also got a spring around 25 lbs, third 20+ fish of the season:D

all local

Dirty. are they still coming in from the brickyard.Hoping for light winds in the morning and heading out.

was out there today and not even a sniff[xx(]
can some one tell me where i can get coordinates to find the brick yard, my buddy and I were looking for it today but only made it to clarke rock then gave up

HEY BIGGUNS YOUR GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION,IF YOU ARE COMING OUT OF DEPARTURE BAY,ON YOUR LEFT HAND SIDE IS CLARKE ROCK ON YOUR LEFT FOLLOW THE SHORELINE IN DEEP WATER OF COURSE,THEN YOU WILL SEE A RED AND WHITE MARKER UP AHEAD STAY TO YOUR RIGHT OF THAT,KEEP GOING YOU'LL SEE A BAY ON YOUR LEFT CONTINUE PAST THAT AND THE POINT RIGHT THERE IS CALLED NECK PT.COUNTINUEPAST THERE AND BINGO BANGO YOUR THERE BUDDY.GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW YOUR DOING CHEERS M.T. P.S. I'M HEADING OUT THIS EVENING WILL POST IF ANY ACTION.TAKE CARE GOOD LUCK TO ALL.[:p]

thx M.T
what type of boat are you in i might see you out there sometime
im on a friends boat 14 ft springbok 30 hp yamie riggers all the way back

Biguuns,i'm in a 15'welded aluminum centre with a 30hp yammy,anyways fished the cannery last night and had a good on one and played it for about 1min and boom it's gone What pops up behind me is my fish in the mouth of a seal!!!!!!!!So after that flew to the fingers and between them i lower a rod to the bottom hit the sand at 180 then brought it up 4 ft and voila 16lb spring within 5 mins of fishing there by this time it was time to go homeanyways good luck Cheers m.t.:D

hooked into 2 springs last outing.
lost one and landed one about 10 lbs, both on army truck hootchies

anybody been out the last couple of days its been flat not a ripple.Always that way when I got to work.I hope its like that sat and sun.

Went out yesterday in a buddys boat.

After a few schmozzles and kerfuffles we got the gear in and good to go around Neck Point. No longer than 2 or 3 minutes and bang, one rod had one on. I couldn't help but laugh as I had spent about 30 minutes fixing some problems and needed a rest so I said, let me drive.

Anyway, about 20 seconds later the other rod went.

2 to the boat and released, about 20 inches or so. No seals to boot.

About 20 minutes later, we hooked and landed a 29 inch spring. Great fight and tasted great on the bbq last night.

Two more hits but none to the boat and still no seals. The weather had calmed and it was a beautiful day on the water. Fished from about 0930 to 1400.

The lime green hootchy was the most active with army truck doing the rest. No deeper than 135 feet.

Going back out in a few minutes, no fishing though, just some cruising and eating and maybe a beverage or two.

Summer is finally here.

Back