Nanaimo Report!!

D

Dirtdog67

Well the annual hide from the wife on Valentines day excursion was a bit of a tough go.. Put a couple of hours in on the flood in the Bay with only one shaker to tally. Moved out to the green can for the last hour of the tide and managed one more shaker on the drift to Neck pt. Tide change and a 20-25 kt. SE was enough to decide on shutting er down for the day..
Up till today's deep low, the fishing has been well above avg. for Nanaimo standards with good numbers of above avg. size hitting the ramp.. Caught a glimpse of a beauty that weighed in at just over 27lb. last week. Stop by the shop for a coffee and let us know how things are treating you's-cheers dirty

Dirtdog me and you have to get out and fish some time. show you the new boat.
Chris

Doesn't that new RCA make fishing the bay a little tougher?

A must there Salty, I seen you guy's launching there last week. Ya the boat looks sweet.. Got a charter in the a.m. and then off to the Gold for a few days of R&R.. I'll be in the shop Mon. If ya get a chance swing in for a coffee and a B.S. Look forward to seein ya.-cheers dirty

Is that the pile driving and back filling you are speaking of.. Ran into the constant thud of the crews banging piles.. Just turned around as it rang right across the bay-dirty

Dirty do you ever hang your cannon balls up on that submerged crab line in the bay.I seem to get it just about every time I fish in there I seem to get hung up on it about twenty feet off the bottom and never in same spot.

Roger that 2112, stopped me dead the other day. Luckily I was spinnin cutty's so the reaction time on the kicker was there. Not only that I had just hooked up a few seconds before. Needless to say my luck was in the barbless hooks favor. You havin any luck in there??-cheers dirty

Only made it out once this winter and fished the fingers two weeks ago and got one ten pounder.but have'nt tried the bay.

quote:Originally posted by M.T. WALLET

hey tyee it's a rockfish conservation area which means
'no fishing'
What the whole area 17 thats news to me.I heard halibut bank was closed but that was it.[:0]

Went out on saturday kinda windy so we fished the inside up agianst valdes Island
No bites, nothing. water pump went so we had a nice 2.5 hour ride home on the kicker. Besides the wind blowing 40,the rain and snow and my water pump going it was a nice day.
Chris

Back