Nanaimo Might Just Get Us Shed of the Current Idiotic Coalition!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Federal conservative government has always been more favorable to fisheries, harvest and business with very little concern for environment. They also stonewalled many first nations fishery negotiations.

Federal Liberals have always been more favorable to First Nations and to the environment.

Provincial Lib's are basically federal conservatives, Same deal favorable to business with no concern for the environment. Slightly more favorable towards First Nations.

Provincial NDP i really not sure about and with a green alliance who knows. seems like they will be better for the environment

I just find it funny that a year ago everyone was posting up get rid of the provincial Lie..brals. Same thing about getting rid of Harper and the Conservatives. Now we have a change and its more doom and gloom. Let the pity party begin again.

Frankly the Federal Liberals and Mr. Dress Up have been a disaster for the rec fishery - there's who to blame for less rec fishing opportunity - get it right! The province is another story. At the moment we haven't had much time to see what the NDP are going to accomplish - but, lets wait and see what this new Advisory Council will lead to. All I know is under the last BC Liberal Gov't the record of crushing accomplishments speak for itself.... plight of Steelhead under the Ministry of Do Nothing is laughable - they are almost extinct in most rivers....Fish Farms were invited in ...BC is Open for Fish Farming Business... What a joke!

Take a step back and look objectively....Not suggesting its a love in for the NDP, but I'm willing to wait a bit to see what the NDP do on the fisheries front - it certainly can't be any worse than the former Lie..brals.

Not everyone posted that the BC Libs and Mr Harper were bad for us, they did little, to hurt or help us. I will NOT say the same to the fools we have leading (both Provincial and Federal) now. I do hope the members of the committee who will represent us are allowed to speak, and provide input, more importantly I hope the Gov change and listen to recommendations. Really hope Nanaimo is a wake up call and fast pink slip for the current coalition but highly doubt as they have lots fooled, its the NDP merry go round.

HM

DIVERSITY MANDATE: Under the NDP’s diversity policy, the party’s byelection candidate must be a member of an “equity-seeking group.”

Equity-seeking groups are defined as: “Women, persons of colour, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, transsexual or intersex persons and young people between 18 and 25 years of age.”

What could possibly go wrong?

http://theprovince.com/opinion/colu...s-can-go-wrong-when-krog-vacates-nanaimo-seat

Nog

... Don't hold your breath waiting for this NDP stronghold to flip if there is indeed a bye election.

LOL! It does seems times may be a-changing!! :D

While the Dippers are putting their stock into reeling Sheila Malcolmson into the fray from her NDP MP position, the Liberals have countered with a local whose name packs a punch!

She now has some rather serious competition headed her way!

Tony Harris (Tom Harris' Son) has tossed his hat in for the Liberals.
He has a LOT of local support and is very well respected in the Community.

In fact Ol' Krog himself may lend a little support by way of thanks to his Buddy for his support when running for Mayor:

Harris endorsed Krog for mayor and introduced the veteran politician when he announced his mayoral campaign in June. Harris called Krog his friend and made a dig at the provincial NDP for passing Krog over for a cabinet seat.

https://www.timescolonist.com/news/...beral-banner-in-nanaimo-byelection-1.23490155

I of course will be pulling for this fellow from the sidelines, and wishing him All The Very Best in this pursuit!
Pozitive.gif

Interesting times indeed!

Cheers,
Nog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back