Nanaimo Hotel Recomendation

Time

Will have to stay in Nanaimo for about a week or two in September while wife recovers from surgery at NGH.
Looking for a hotel/motel.
Needs to be clean and comfortable for her, preferably have coffee maker/breakfast fixing area in room, restaurant on premises but I can go out to get take out food, no stairs (elevator ok).
Only place I've thought of is the Inn on Long Lake, but I've only driven by on highway. Seems a bit pricey, but couldn't take a Motel 6 for that long.

Appreciate your input.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The Inn on Long Lake is just fine. I think they have upgraded the rooms in the last few years as well. Just around the corner is the Grand. Also very nice. They would be my top two choices as I would rather not be down town. Hope this helps.

Nanaimo is hosting the BC HS Track Championships in early June, 2016. I think there is only one track there. Any suggestions for a suitable hotel/motel where teens can eat/shop/wander in relative safety? Downtown looks sketchy when I visit HC.

Both the hotels I mentioned are in close proximity to a mall, which isn't that busy. Inn on Long Lake is on a larger property. Check their sites. The largest mall in Nanaimo is about 2 km north of both.

Marinaside Resort looking over the marina not far from Departure B is a nice place but in Summer I think pricey. Very modern with some large 600 sq' suites with big full stainless and granite Kitchens and big balconies. Stayed in one of the larger 1 bedroom suites near Christmas at $125/night via Bookit. They are condo's with elevator and a tiny check in office with retstraunt on property. You may be able to get a room weekly for better per night price

Thank you for referrals.
Will be in Nanaimo this week for another Dr apmt and will check them out.
Doug

Back