My NEW Yamaha G3 1036 !

Nice! where do you fish?

Kunni
Most of my fishing is done on the lks around Kamloops and the hwy 24 lks around 100 mile house ..i like 2 visit Dragon lk in Quesnel when i can . Glen . my fishing setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the seat too, does the seat have a plate it detaches from? I wanna get one for mine but in order for it to slide under my roll shutter on my truck i will need it to be detachable to maintain a low height in irder for it to slide backwards into my 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice boats... what do they usually sell for? can pm if you prefer...

What other differences would there be between the G3 and a alumicraft other than the thickness of the aluminum? Those G3's are hard to come by on the island but I can get an alumicraft for 800$. I am wondering if it is really worth holding out for a G3. I will be in the merit area in may.

wonder the warranty on the alumicraft? I know I was told mine has lifetime warranty on welds and rivets, also the thickness difference is not that much. .50 or .54 I believe on the G3. there are a lot more expensive jon boats that for sure. what sold me was the weight and the width as I go trolling for trout and dragging a fly around by myself it is really easy to load and slides right in the back of my short box truck , still haven't picked up a small outboard for it but I enjoy the electric just fine. something to be said for fishing silently on the lake.:p

wonder the warranty on the alumicraft? I know I was told mine has lifetime warranty on welds and rivets, also the thickness difference is not that much. .50 or .54 I believe on the G3. there are a lot more expensive jon boats that for sure. what sold me was the weight and the width as I go trolling for trout and dragging a fly around by myself it is really easy to load and slides right in the back of my short box truck , still haven't picked up a small outboard for it but I enjoy the electric just fine. something to be said for fishing silently on the lake.:p

I have a lowe 1236 and its just a bit big for me to throw around by myself so I am getting a 1036 this year. I only use a 30lb electric as well. So peaceful.

Love the seat too, does the seat have a plate it detaches from? I wanna get one for mine but in order for it to slide under my roll shutter on my truck i will need it to be detachable to maintain a low height in irder for it to slide backwards into my 4x4

jeff the seat just clamps to the bench seat ..its comes off quickly just loosen a couple wing nuts .
can get them at most boating outlets .

jeff the seat just clamps to the bench seat ..its comes off quickly just loosen a couple wing nuts .
can get them at most boating outlets .

I have the exact same one, dont lean back on the seat too much, as you can rick going overboard. It is very easy to take on and off though.

Kunni

I have the exact same one, dont lean back on the seat too much, as you can rick going overboard. It is very easy to take on and off though.

Kunni
lol true enough almost had a couple of wipeouts ...:)

I guess that type of seat clamp would be good for adjusting the balance of the boat too, and it is removable so i can still slide it under my rolltop on my pick up, going to look for one when i get home from camp.

I guess that type of seat clamp would be good for adjusting the balance of the boat too, and it is removable so i can still slide it under my rolltop on my pick up, going to look for one when i get home from camp.

you may even find them at walmart .or canadian tire.

just looked .walmart carries them $29.00

I know wholesale sports in Nanaimo carries a wide variety of seats for boats,a nice comfy one sounds good cause i plan on using the boat quite a bit this year. :)

I know wholesale sports in Nanaimo carries a wide variety of seats for boats,a nice comfy one sounds good cause i plan on using the boat quite a bit this year. :)
ya dont cheap out on the seat ..im going to get a better 1 with a little higher back .

... what sold me was the weight and the width as I go trolling for trout and dragging a fly around by myself it is really easy to load and slides right in the back of my short box truck
Nice ride. This is an interesting thread for me as I'm in the market for a jon boat for the 2016 season to do the interior chironomid thing so am currently trying to do lots of online research first.

Are you able comment on the stability of the G3 1036 as a platform for standing up in and fly casting?

I was considering the Spratley's which everyone seems to love, but I think the spratley bottom is a few inches too wide to fit between the wheel wells of my Tacoma (plus they are heavy and $$), but I think the 1036 will slide right in (I still have to locate one to take actual measurements). This is an important factor for me as finding a boat that actually fits between the wheel wells seems the cleanest solution for transport. I'll be handling it by myself a lot of the time, so ease of loading is a big concern. I'm hoping the 1036 might just fit the bill.

My 1036, slides right in the back of my shortbox pick-up , it is 36" wide at the bottom and 40" at the top , it is very stable i did my research and found it to be the best match for my shortbed 4x4, also the Yamaha G3 1036 guarantees welds n rivets for the life of the boat. It really is a great boat which sadly i haven't used in over a year. I have it for sale in the buy n sell section ,The G3 is also thicker then most Jon boats which is why you pay a little more .. Spratleys and Marlon's are both great boats but neither will fit in the box of ur truck and will require a trailer or a rack... You can double check the measurements on the yamaha website . I can stand up in mine but with the addition of a 3/4 " piece of plywood to cover the front third of it you would have a great platform for fly casting.., i really love my G3 but sadly i only het out in it a couple times a year which is why i have offered it for sale. Goodluck in your search [emoji3]

Whoops I didnt notice the original post was from 2013, but thanks for taking the time for a quick reply.

40" At the top? The Yamaha website currently says 36" bottom width and 52" beam. Maybe its referring to something else or the newer models are now wider at the top?

http://www.g3boats.com/riveted_and_welded_jon_boats

At 40" it would even just barely fit in my Tacoma upside down.

[edit] actually, looking again at the above pic, if the bottom is 36" the top looks bigger than 40. Maybe you meant 50"?

yup i was wrong, it is 36" across the bottom and 52" across the top, but it does slide in right between the wheel wells of my fullsize pick up... toyota.. not so much..also it weighs only 100 lbs.. easy to load and unload...

Back