my brother in law needs a job

happy hooker

Crew Member
OK heres the story. My sisters husband has worked on the tugs for the last 7-8 years. The last 2 he was captain of a small tug towing booms to the mill in Cedar. The mill has shut down and he is out of work. They have a 2 year old and 1 more on the way. He really needs a job and with his line of work being on the water I thought I would throw it out there on the forum and by some stroke of luck one of you guys may be able to give me a lead on something for him. They own and live in Cedar just south of Nanaimo and he is 29 years old, hard worker, really good guy. I know you all probably have family/friends in similar situations but I'm worried about them and hope something materializes from this because of his sort of unique qualifications. Before he started on the tugs he tied rebar for a few years. Thanks for reading and for any help guys. My email is dbackinteriorsinc@telus.net

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Howdy,

Been there done that. Good on you for trying to help him out.

What does he want to do? Is he a ticketed Captain or Master? Does he want to stay on the water? In Cedar?

29 is not too old to consider a career change either.

quote:Originally posted by Little Hawk

Howdy,

Been there done that. Good on you for trying to help him out.

What does he want to do? Is he a ticketed Captain or Master? Does he want to stay on the water? In Cedar?

29 is not too old to consider a career change either.
Hi LH, I dont think he is ticketed yet but I think he is close. I know he has taken alot of courses, bridge watchman, etc. He would like to stay on the water but you are right its not to late to change it up for him. Sounds like Steve might have a lead, keeping my fingers crossed for him.
Sean

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Howdy,

If he wants to stay on the tugs he would know better than me where to look for work... Seaspan?

What about Lafarge? I know they have limestone operations on Texada, but they may use contract tugs. Don't know for sure.

Hope he finds something.

Good news. He got on with BC Ferries! Really happy for them, only thing is he doesent start till May 1. Oh well, anything to get to may will work, gas station etc. Thanks for trying guys.

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Back