Multiple Controls on 1 outboard

FisherTim

Hello,

I bought a 16ft K&C Thermoglass, with a Yamaha F50 with 900hrs on it. I'm not too pleased with the holeshot, or cruising speed (9 seconds to plane, and 18KTS cruising, 22WOT) I am looking to upgrade to a 70HP just for that extra bit of punch, for skiing, commuting, and. I have seen one on Usedvictoria with a tiller handle. I was wondering if it were possible to hook up a Helm Throttle and steering(for cruising) and maintaining that tiller for fishing, so you have complete control over throttle and steering from the cockpit. I don't need it to start from the the tiller (even though splicing that cable should not be too difficult). I am more wondering about the shift, and specifically throttle cables. Is there a way to run both?

Thanks,
FisherTim

Hello,

I bought a 16ft K&C Thermoglass, with a Yamaha F50 with 900hrs on it. I'm not too pleased with the holeshot, or cruising speed (9 seconds to plane, and 18KTS cruising, 22WOT) I am looking to upgrade to a 70HP just for that extra bit of punch, for skiing, commuting, and. I have seen one on Usedvictoria with a tiller handle. I was wondering if it were possible to hook up a Helm Throttle and steering(for cruising) and maintaining that tiller for fishing, so you have complete control over throttle and steering from the cockpit. I don't need it to start from the the tiller (even though splicing that cable should not be too difficult). I am more wondering about the shift, and specifically throttle cables. Is there a way to run both?

Thanks,
FisherTim
Have never seen a duo system set up like you are looking for Tim. I converted my 8 h.p. Honda from tiller to remote throttle and gear shift and it was not an easy conversion. I do not believe that any of the major manufacturers have ever made a duo system, but someone could easily prove me wrong.

I'm not too pleased with the holeshot, or cruising speed (9 seconds to plane, and 18KTS cruising, 22WOT

You might want to check your prop size to make sure it's sized correctly.
I have the same boat and 50 hp Honda , I'm out of the hole in 5 seconds
cruise at 20 , top speed 25 mph on an 11 x 13p prop.

It doesn't say on it, I've looked, It is a little dinged up, and I'll have to replace it, but living outside of victoria, I'd rather spend my time on the water right now, than taking the prop to a dealer, wasting a day I could be fishing....

Back