Mounting a barbecue

staying alive

got a barbecue for the boat for my birthday ( from the wife )
and have been agonizing where to mount it
Its a Dickinson large model looks like a nice unit but the best location is over the outboard engine well--then it can just stay there when not in use ------ the rod holder mounts are ok but then I loose a rod holder --need to fish----trolling speed seems fine to me for having a barbecue
Boat is a 23'6" crestliner WA ---main & kicker ---I want to put it dead centre basically over the main ---it wont interfere with tilting motor ---but am i crazy to mount it over fuel lines ect.
If that's crazy then I guess i will mount it to store it only over the main then move to the side mount to use it
Are there any regs for barbecues on boat

thanks for any input ---pics of your setup would be nice

Staying Alive

the v-lock is cool I will put that in the memory bank for future inventions
have ordered the taff rail mount system from Dickenson ---2 sturdy arms that go into sockets ----ordered 2 extra sockets so I can store over motor well and put on side rail when hungry
The only downside I see is it has no adjustment to level it to suit conditions

Your mind is wandering Holmes ------ when I get the BBQ mounted I'll get you to cook me some ribs--I missed them last summer

cool setup will post some pics when i get mine done-----am picking up the hardware next week----want to be able to brew a pot of coffee when I am back at Nootka next year----need to take a break from the beers halfway through the day------hopefully somebody makes a coffee pot that will fit in a marine BBQ;)

Back