Motor cap parts

Discus

Hey

Today I just turned up my Honda 8.0 HP Motor. It runs so great. The thing adjust unlock and lock for the motor cap but the thing adjust was so tight. I tried to adjust the screw but it s broken . Where can I buy a new parts or use part ?

Thanks
Discus

Try "boats.net",Discus.I've used them several times for parts for my Honda 8hp. Other than that,check "Used Victoria"
and sites like that for a parts motor.Had luck doing that as well. Good luck!

Was just a thought as they other have a few other makes and models around the yard.

Have you contacted a Honda dealer?

PM sent

Last edited by a moderator:
How about getting someone to just drill and drop some new threads in the one you have. I'd help you do it, if you were closer.

How about getting someone to just drill and drop some new threads in the one you have. I'd help you do it, if you were closer.

Thanks FA :) , Yes I asked him but he said that just only johnson or Evendrue motors no other type of motors as Yamaha or Honda or etc.

Yes I had contact with Honda. The parts cost me $ 15.00 are great deal but I will pay shipping for 30 bucks :( total would be 45 buck for just for a little parts.

Yes what I need to have a threads bit ( tap) in it and get a new screw and it will be ok. I dont have a threads bit or kits. Anyone can do this for me?

Thanks guys for feedback and help me.

I am so happy with my kicker motor's cap is doing fine. Before the lever turned down very hard and it was pain in A$$ for open the cap Now it turn open and close so easy it much better!

The used or new parts are very expensive but why not my old part is still good to use it. I decided to drill it and put a new bolt. Thank you for my friend helped me. He was an auto body technical for many years.

I just spent on tools and thing cost me less than 8 buck!

What I needed to buy stuff like these. I just bought two different size drill bits for hard metal, one tapping screw, one Stainless steel screw, and a small tube of thread locker

When I drilled the lever. its very slow and careful, don't let it screwed up. It cost you a lot of money for replacement one. After drilling, I was doing clean inside then I use the tapper screw on the lever I turn clockwise on left about 2-3 times and take off the tapper screw and clean the lever and put the tapping screw for redo when I wanted the SS bolt fit on the lever.

Clean the parts and looking nice clean and new.

Then I put grease on washer, spring washer etc. I assembled the part on the motor. It looks real nice.

After the assemble the lever on the motor, I turned open and close for the lever ..wow it s much better than before. I put the cap on the motor and close it. when I turn the lever up and I can feel " Click" and I pulled the motor cap was still lock and no loses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job,Discus.With the stainless hardware you used,you made it better than it came from the factory.Bet that's the
last time you have to deal with that problem.

Back