Most Pathetic Excuse Ever for Not Going Fishing?

I was talking to my brother down in Georgia over the weekend. The weather was nice at 78F, dead winds and local reports I had read were showing the redfish and speckled trout were biting everything but sawgrass. When he said he was bored just sitting at home, I suggested he hit the salt. He said "nah. I'll just play around on Facebook". WTH??? Two years ago, I left him with over $1500 worth of brand new fishing gear- he's never used any of it.

My usual fishing partner, my daughter, refused an invite a couple weeks ago. Her excuse: " I don't want to embarrass you". That hurts.

I was talking to my brother down in Georgia over the weekend. The weather was nice at 78F, dead winds and local reports I had read were showing the redfish and speckled trout were biting everything but sawgrass. When he said he was bored just sitting at home, I suggested he hit the salt. He said "nah. I'll just play around on Facebook". WTH??? Two years ago, I left him with over $1500 worth of brand new fishing gear- he's never used any of it.

My usual fishing partner, my daughter, refused an invite a couple weeks ago. Her excuse: " I don't want to embarrass you". That hurts.

That really hurts-especially if it's true!!!!LOL

Do I need a fishing license? YES, well how much are they? $25-$30 with a salmon stamp, will we catch fish, I don't really want to go AND buy a license if we aren't going to catch any....
this was a conversation I had with a work acquaintance when he overheard I fished and had a boat and I had asked him if he'd like to come along one day. His initial answer was YES and seemed excited and then the above conversation happened.

"Sorry I was going to go with you but my fiend with his 26 ft hourston wanted to go so I promised him I would go..". That was actually a true statement I had from someone last year. I have a blacklist on my baot so that made the cut.

Pathetic stay way from fishing with the guys without boats that trade up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Having rods that look alike but do not fit together. Once your at the fishing spot you find you have the wrong tip for the rod.

Last edited by a moderator:
A buddy of mine couldn't hit the river for salmon one day because "He HAD to go to dinner at his Mother in Laws"

Back