Most Pathetic Excuse Ever for Not Going Fishing?

I'm baffled that some guys have to OK this with their wife, get permission...... WOW !

I'm in the same blessed boat dude (fish when ever I wanna) :). I don't ever rock that boat however :cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care when a guy makes lame excuses for not wanting to go but I hate it when you take a guy out and he wants to go back in after a couple hours. THOSE guys never get invited again.

i have a friend who has bailed a few times... the worst excuse he gave me was "my mom is coming over to help me set up my bed frame" i dont call him to come fishing anymore.....

Worst ever, I used to have a buddy that would make plans to go fishing
and then simply not show up.
and then not answer his phone:(

Amazing as it sounds, sometimes good fishing buddies are hard to come by. When you get some ya gotta enjoy the fack outta those dudes! My boy has turned into a great fishing partner. Knows his $hit and can read my mood pretty well. Doesn't buy any beer (yet) but it's all good :)

Can't really remember the excuses, but seems like the entire neighborhood wants to go fishing, until the time comes to actually go fishing.

About 10 years ago my buddy bailed and said he wanted to sleep in. I went out by myself and caught a hali close to 200 lbs. of course i drove right to his place with my fish in the back of my truck!

sorry I can't go fishin; I'm to busy posting on the SFBC forum...:D

Cant get a licences, although if you ask DFO i have printed off 5 already. lol but i havent seen one come out of my printer. ??? hmmmmm

Wow.sounds like your really Havin a time with em, gunna rock the old licence one more day then I will fight with it too.

How about cant go my wife's on here period!!!!! WTF..... needless to say he wasnt invited again.....

"I can't go, as I haven't even gone to bed yet" just what you want to hear at 5:30am when your all geared up.

I planned on going out fishing with a couple buddies early the next morning and I knew one was going out drinking that night and I figured he would be a no show, well we met up in the morning and he was a no show so my other buddy and I hooked the boat up and headed out as we pulled into Timmy's for a coffee out he pops from the cuddy and says I just came here right from the bar so I wouldn't sleep in. Besides chipping in for gas he was a waste of space totally useless!

I planned on going out fishing with a couple buddies early the next morning and I knew one was going out drinking that night and I figured he would be a no show, well we met up in the morning and he was a no show so my other buddy and I hooked the boat up and headed out as we pulled into Timmy's for a coffee out he pops from the cuddy and says I just came here right from the bar so I wouldn't sleep in. Besides chipping in for gas he was a waste of space totally useless!

That story is amazing.

Must have been priceless when he popped out of the cuddy.

He provided gas and an additional license :)

Back