Most Outrageous questions asked by guests

I first guided for sailcone way,way back now that the partner have split i still work at the float with Steve being the owner and John still running sailcone on minstral and yes thats definatly the spot one of my favs especially on a flood got a lot of fish just this oast year there.here is one from there look behind it there the rocks near the wall or bluffs as it is sometimes called

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/wolfman2007/DSCN0144_2.jpg

Wolf

Yup, that'd be the one. I guided there on and off from about '89 to '93. Awesome place, but even back then a little crowded at times - especially Cracroft. I much prefered with the Wall (on a flood) or Flower Island first ting in the morning. Rumor has it that the fishing is still good there. I haven't been back since about "95. I once witnessed one of the Sailcone guides (we called them "Coneheads" [}:)]) land a spring at Whitebeach Pass that was rumored to be in the low 70's - a huge fish by anyone's standards. Beautiful place, especially upper Knight Inlet which we fished in April\May & June. I intend to return one day.

Here's another one from that lodge, but a goofy guide story instead:

Back in the bad old days of the 80"s and early "90's, it wasn't uncommon for lodges to attract guides by offering beer as part of the program. Funnily enough, it usually worked...

Anyway, one week in mid July I was asked to head up from the office and releive the lodge manager for a week so he could spend some time with is family. On the second day, the fishing exploded and we ended up with several guides asssisting their guests in landing fish in the 50 to 60 lb range. Needless to say, the party was on the the guide shack that night and you can onjly imagine what defined "party" in an environment that offered free beer to its guides every day.

The following morning, I was waiting on the dock to greet guests, wish them well in the mornings fishing, and ensure that all guides made to their boats in once piece and in a state whwere they could safely fish.

DFinally, the l;ast straggler showed up at around 7:30 - the time he'd previously arranged with his guests as they'd had an awesome morning the day before. Looking him upo and down I asked in my most serious voice "ready to go get 'em John?" "Oh yeah boss, gonna slay 'em again this morning" was the rough voiced, somewhat slurred reply. "Are you sure buddy?" I asked again. "No problem, being 'em on" I got in return. "Well, I tell you what, buddy" I offered. "Perhaps you might want to consider heading back to the guide shack and putting on some shoes and socks, you may be a bit uncomfortable out there in bare feet, and it looks awful silly in that banana suit!"

Needless to say, I ended up guiding his guests that morning!

Tight lines...

Gooey.

Wayne Bazen owned Chinook Cove Lodge up until three years ago. Now a jerk named Craig Riley owns it. And Sailcone is still going strong. I know I work there...See ya on the water Wolf.
Buckwheat

Wayne Bazen owned Chinook Cove Lodge up until three years ago. Now a jerk named Craig Riley owns it. And Sailcone is still going strong. I know I work there...See ya on the water Wolf.
Buckwheat

Ok ill bite who are you buckwheat????can only think of a few guys areyou a guide or the warf rat???

Wolf

ok now i remember the problem is we dont really get to socialize much now that we are a divided crew too bad really[V]

Wolf

Perry were you the one that used to manage chinook cove???

Wolf

Roy, Yeah I did, but you know, not everyone is perfect. We got alot of dumb questions there too. The best one was "where is the dam for this lake!"

Buckwheat

Roy, Yeah I did, but you know, not everyone is perfect. We got alot of dumb questions there too. The best one was "where is the dam for this lake!"

Buckwheat

Back