Most Outrageous questions asked by guests

LOL ok here ya go

1 How far does an eagle see in the water????????

my response: depends on the clarity of the water

2 How high is that mountain an how much does it weigh????? As i am surrounded by 20 differnt mountain ranges in upper knight inlet!!!
was dumbfounded on that one!!!

3 Regarding vancouver island which they like to call it Victoria Island this was more a statement "do you have farms and supermarkets on that Island and thought we would see some snow up here?????

Got tons more but dont want the usa forum people mad at me LOL

Wolf

Where does the ocean start? How many feet above sea level are we?

How come my line is slack? I think i lost my hook, as i look over to see a 37# Spring laying on it's side on the surface right beside the boat with 60 feet of 25# Stren mono sitting on the surface, as the guest pulled line of the spool.I Netted it before it even new it was hooked. This happened while guiding some Albertans out of Deep Bay in 94, while the jigging for Springs off Chrome Island lighthouse.

As i explain the Flood and Ebb" What time do they change the water direction"? Is there a the Dam in Juan de fuca Strait?

Hali fishing on Constance" Can we Jig for Oysters and clams before we head in"?

hears one that i heard when i was teachin a SCUBA class a few years back,Where do the bubbles go?, so i made her sit on the surface while the rest of use went underwater, she was a little embarassed when we came back up

Why did that Guide cut us off. What does he think, he owns the water. My reply is of course he does. Why did the guide BS us about how many fish he hooked. My reply is its part of his job to BS. Why do guides think they are God. My reply is because they are God...

While I was doing some river guiding in very remote wildnerness up at knights woman asked me where the closest store was as she wanted to have a chocolate bar!!!!!!!!!

wolf

One day while fishing Great Central Lake with my dad, a group pulled up along side us in their boat and asked "Hey, Man! Which way is Bamfield?" :D:D

Is the ocean very big?
So were in saltwater, right?
Can we name it?
Are we in a river?

Not a guest comment, but one day while fishing Raphael Pt about 6 miles off Clayoquot Sound, a 14 foot Lund appeared out of the fog and 2 meter seas. As the guys pulled alongside, they casually enquired if we had any "spare gas". Kind of scary. Never saw 'em again...

Another time, while guiding in Blackfish Sound, one of my fellow guides had a couple of very english challenged guests from the Far East. I'm right beside them, and just off the old herring pen, their rod goes off and the guide quickly does an excellent hookset. Of course, as soon as he hands the rod off and the fish tries to run, the guest clamps down on it. "Let him go, let him go" screams the guide. In respose, the guest throws the rod off the stern of the boat, looks at the guide and says "shark?"

My guests and I didn't stop laughing all morning.

Gooey

gooey that woundnt be the herring pen off of craycroft your talking about is it???

Craycroft Point at the mouth of Knight Inlet, right? Across from the Wall. Did either of you guys ever guide for Sailcone Lodge? When I was a young lad I worked for Chinook Cove lodge in Bones Bay, anybody remember the place?
BL

Back