More About Spoons-w/Pics

Dogbreath

Been thinking about the whole Spoon issue and since I have some stripped of paint in anticipation of being coated with coloured Glo pigment.

When looking @ stripped Spoons what a person sees first is the shape and one thing Coyote</u> has is the 'recurve' that others don't.
IMGP0590.jpg

A commercial spoon like the one shown below an old Needle</u> is relatively flat with a pronounced cup toward the hook end.
IMGP0589.jpg

Next there's a Luhr Jensen Diamond King</u> again flatter and with less cup I often wondered why these didn't work better.
IMGP0589.jpg

Now there's a generic spoon blank much like those produced by Worth, this one is from Luremaking.com, quite flat and some cup.
IMGP0590.jpg

Below see all 4 units hard to see what has what which is what you see in a package.
IMGP0592.jpg

Obverse view showing more detail
IMGP0594.jpg

So as not to put too many pics in one post here are some alternatives to Coyotes that should be easily available to BC anglers

First off the GibbsNortac Gypsy</u> very similar shape and some OK colours don't like the hooks though never did.
gypsy_sample.gif

Radiant Devil's Tail</u> a poor picture too much red in the display for me to see WTH the thing looks like maybe it's just how my eyes work.
dts1.jpg

Lucky Dog</u> from Buzz Bomb Zzinger a few interesting colours
green_magic_large.jpg

pink_magic_large.jpg

Titan</u> Spoons from O'ki colours look great much wider than the Coyote though more like the Tomic spoons.
4_spoon_8.jpg

4_spoon_4.jpg

Best for last,Tomic Spoons</u> a different kind of product altogether.
574.jpg

403.jpg

Any comments?
Anyone have experience with the O'ki or BuzzBomb products at all?

I have used Tomic spoons and had good luck with the 4" purple
on winter springs.
They are a little wider than a coyote and produce a broader side to side wobble.

Gibbs Gypsy spoons do not fish the same when trolled behind a flasher. Different bend on the metal plus the heavier guage makes then not work the same. Coyotes will always be available ,just not all the colors that are on the market now.

Does anyone ever reverse the direction that the hook lays? Most of the spoons are set up so that the curve of the hook lines up with the curve of the spoon. I personally have never tried this. Any thoughts on this?

Back