Moorage

pescaru

I've been thinking bout mooring the ride.
What do you guys do out there? Moore it for the year? Or just a few months?
Was thinking maybe May to September...to beat the rush at the ramp, and the weather's getting better, getting out there after work wouldn't hurt either.
Any good or bad experiences with moorage?
Been considering Pedder Marina.
Thanks

Cheers,
Vic

The way marinas are going in Victoria it's more a matter of getting moorage then choosing good moorage. Pedder is OK, but if it were me, I'd try to get as far west as possible like maybe somewhere in Sooke. The price difference between the summer and all season is not that great, and the south island boasts some EXCELLENT winter fishing, so if you get a good slip, park yourself there for the year. My personal favorite is Cheanuh, they have run it very well as of late, winter fishing is within casting distance of your slip, Halibut are just over at Race Rocks, and it's a quick jaunt over to Beechy for your salmon.

I like cheanuh too, good price also. I have a slip there but I haven't been down this year, any word on them getting some freshwater and/or power down to the docks?

I like cheanuh too, good price also. I have a slip there but I haven't been down this year, any word on them getting some freshwater and/or power down to the docks?

Sunny shores water power at the docks and good fuel!!!!!!

Sunny shores water power at the docks and good fuel!!!!!!

By the way sunny shores is open as per normal from what i heard the deal fell through so same as last year ALL good.

wolf

By the way sunny shores is open as per normal from what i heard the deal fell through so same as last year ALL good.

wolf

Thats funny I have paid for a motel for the jdf derby and i have had some clients book already?????

Thats funny I have paid for a motel for the jdf derby and i have had some clients book already?????

Choices ,choices
Thanks guys

373.gif

Back