Moncton shootings

Dave S

My thoughts are with the families of those that have lost loved ones and I'm happy to hear this nut job is in custody. One look at what this guy shares and posts on his facebook account paints a pretty clear picture of what he thinks of police, gun laws, and government. Just another gun crazed extreme right wing conspiracy theorist.

I really commend the fact that they kept their cool and have him alive. Now maybe we can get some insight as to what is happening. This isn't just guns there is another piece of the iceberg that we are not seeing here.

Sad ... very sad. Agree with Gunsmith on this one we need to find the root cause and correct.
That way we won't get any more of these young men doing the same.
Sad and my thoughts go out the the family's of the ones effected.

Sad really sad, families destroyed and kids who will grow up without a dad.

The anti-gun crowd will use this to try and jam more stupid rules down our throat, which will just affect the legal, law abiding gun owners and do nothing to stop this kind of crap.
But that same crowd will not stand up and try to get more funding and help for mental health issues, which is probably the root cause of this crap.

Guns did not kill those police office, the guy behind them did and we posibly never know why. Sad day for the RCMP, those affected and all Canadians.

Cheers

SS

I'm thinking there likely were some signs or indicators that this guy was not well in the head and/or had a hate on for law enforcement. Those signs or indicators maybe could have been acted on or looked into before it came to this. I mean this guy is publicly sharing his strong opinion on law enforcement and gun laws, among other disturbing things. Sad that they can't pick up on this.

https://www.facebook.com/justin.bourque.5682?ref=ts&fref=ts

Wonder if he has ever been diagnosed with a mental illness? Wonder if any Moncton cop has ever had a run in with him, and if so, I wonder if there were signs of hatred towards the officer? Those would obviously be tips a special division of law enforcement could look into to rule out these risks. Of course you can never catch every bad guy before they loose it, but it could prevent some of these attacks i'm sure.

A very sad event for the families of the RCMP members who were shot. The least that can be done is that those families have lifetime financial support that would provide them at a minimum the same quality of life they would have, had this incident not happened. They will be dealing with the consequences for a lifetime. No one can bring back those who gave their lives in the line of duty or make whole those who’s bodies may never be the same as a result of their wounds. Financial well being for the families is something that can actually be addressed and the nation, the government and the RCMP as an entity owe those who were killed or seriously wounded by ensuring their families are well taken care of. One would think this is a no brainer and not even necessary to raise as an issue, but then one only has to look at how this country is treating veterans and their families who have made similar sacrifices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad really sad, families destroyed and kids who will grow up without a dad.

The anti-gun crowd will use this to try and jam more stupid rules down our throat, which will just affect the legal, law abiding gun owners and do nothing to stop this kind of crap.
But that same crowd will not stand up and try to get more funding and help for mental health issues, which is probably the root cause of this crap.

Guns did not kill those police office, the guy behind them did and we posibly never know why. Sad day for the RCMP, those affected and all Canadians.

Cheers

SS
The idea that "the same crowd" will not stand up for mental health funding is IMHO nonsense. In the states, I find that often the right wing conservatives are the strongest gun advocates and the least interested in the government spending on anything.

Back