Modifications you're proud of...

Cl it's a vynil wrap from vivid. I got it on amazon for about 25 bucks.

Baltic birch is good stuff, we use it for all cabinet mods and other finishing items. Tighter, more numerous veneers make it more dimensionally stable.

id hate to ask the price of those bad
boys but if they work good they ll
be well worth it...

I am looking at doing the rear seats in my boat like your pictures show. What height removable post did you go with.

I'm also looking at doing something similar on my Striper. Two questions - did you put anything on the underside of the storage box lids to back the seat pedestals? Are you able to easily open the lids of the boxes. I use one of mine for fish storage and (hopefully) have to access it frequently.

The rear pedistals are 9" and I've only bolted them with stainless bolts and washers. The seats and posts are easalily removable to use the storage under. I don't use the storage at all because of all the other storage on the boat.

I put in 150psi, I may need another 10psi. I haven't got it on the water yet for a test ride.

one thing is for certain and that is you
do not want to bottom out like the less
sophisticated spring type damped younger brother. the sudden stop will
feel like a dead blow hammer in the
worst way....

Shouldn't bottom out unless set up wrong. Holds up to 350psi of air in shock, has 3 levels of ride soft,mid,and hard for the big wave jumping. And 10 levels of rebound dampening. A rubber stop if all else fails. It's more like my downhill mountain bike than a spring chair.

I wanted a little cleaning/prep station and was also hoping to be able to block a little noise at cruise, haven't checked the noise part yet. I built the table out of 3/8 marine board, I'm kind of bummed that I can see the screws pushed out but as soon as I tightened them it happened even with the biggest pilot holes I was comfortable with. I could have likely went to 1/2" but was trying to save a few pounds, it's already heavy enough in the butt end with 2 4-strokes. The latches are SS and lock in the up position, the uprights are 1" aluminum square stock with plastic plugs up top for a cleaner look. Since the pics I've added drain holes and a strap to stop the rattling. It drains out into the splash well in either position.

I also added the swim platform, tower in a box from Atlantic Towers, replaced the skanky carpeted plywood pieces above the flotation either side of the splash well with 1/2" marine board and bolted a cheapo seat to the cooler in the pics over the last couple years.

Last edited:
Back