Missing - on behalf of Derby

Pippen

One Amundson reel and some kinda rod.......weight of attached salmon has no bearing on reward.

Reward may or may not be based upon depth in Howe Sound it comes from.

Mike....this posted for Derby

FYI - went for a dive today in Howe sound looking for it. Had to go down to 1200 feet, and there it was attached to a 64 lb. spring. I tried to get it, but that damn fish was just too fast for me.

That fish is swimming around telling all the other fish how the buttery smooth drag on that Admunson reel is much different then when he was previously hooked on an Islander reel with so much line creep he was able to spit the hook while the fisherman was struggling to loosen of his drag... Sorry to hear about the loss... Don't wish that sort of thing on anyone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 years on the first one , 3 months on the second one, both Mr3's no line creep issues with either of them. [emoji15]

Saw a guy at HITW fighting a crab trap today and part of me hoped it was the missing unit, knowing full well that it wasn't...

StormTrooper....

To each his own in the Grand Scheme Of Things.......:cool:

I couldn't figure out why, if they are great, you would have 11...and then have none.....

Carry on, good sir, and may your next Chinook be an 88lb'er.....

:p

2 years on the first one , 3 months on the second one, both Mr3's no line creep issues with either of them. [emoji15]

The MR3’s can creep with the drag turned down and do so more readily than the MR2’s I use to run. Perhaps because the larger diameter equals more force against the drag. One of my buddies fishes an MR2 on his side of the boat and with conditions the same including line test his does not creep where as the MR3 can. Some MR3’s seem to creep a little more than others. I took my 3 MR3 reels into the factory over this issue a few years back and they checked them, replaced a bunch of parts and tuned them up and they still tend to creep ( two more than the third one). That said, any infinite drag large clutch type system will creep if there is sufficient force pulling on it and the drag is set low enough. I would be worried about a reel that does not as that usually means they have a very narrow set range which can make it far too easy to accidently lock them down or adjust them too tight especially when playing a fish. Despite the creep issue with some, the MR3’s are amazing reels to play big salmon on. Much more so than the workhorse Shimano 4000gt’s we use a lot. The same factors that can cause the reel creep are also what give them that very smooth consistent drag that tends to wear down a powerful fish without pulling the hook. Nice smooth energy draining runs are preferable over the jerky pulls you get with some lesser drag systems.

I am currently experimenting with creep keepers as in the pictures. If you use them you want one that holds the line with reel drag set properly, pulls off when a big fish runs with the rod still in the holder before you grab it and you want the keeper to pop off like it is not even there when you grab the rod out of the holder.

Attachments

• WP_20150702_002.jpg
    WP_20150702_002.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 129
  • WP_20150702_003.jpg
    WP_20150702_003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 130
Back