Minister's decision on SFAB Chinook announced

cohochinook

I just got word on the final decision on the SSAT Chinook proposal. We got screwed again!
Here is what was approved:

"The Minister has approved a new mark-selective fishery opening in area 16 – portions of Sechelt Inlet and Jarvis Inlet – (based on low risk of impacts on wild Chinook stocks of concern). Areas 12, 13, 15, and 20-5, which were opened last year based on their low risk to Fraser stocks, will open again this year."

I just got word on the final decision on the SSAT Chinook proposal. We got screwed again!
Here is what was approved:

"The Minister has approved a new mark-selective fishery opening in area 16 – portions of Sechelt Inlet and Jarvis Inlet – (based on low risk of impacts on wild Chinook stocks of concern). Areas 12, 13, 15, and 20-5, which were opened last year based on their low risk to Fraser stocks, will open again this year."
so the other purposals got shutdown?

Time to start well thought out protests, media campaign and fundraising for a court case - this it total BS!!! Our local coastal communities and businesses cannot withstand this unreasonable assault on the public fishery!

Really guys
All that is being done to try and get an opening to the salmon fishing is commendable and greatly appreciated BUT its proven over and over again sadly to be unproductive. The only way it's going to be opened is by the Government who closed it OR A LEGAL ENTITLEMENT IMHO.
We need more court action and forget about the rest!!!

Very much appreciate the work the SFI does to lobby DFO to support the public fishery. It is more than obvious that the time has come to for all organizations representing the public fishery to up the ante and get more politically and economically strategic to force positive changes or the public fishery will become like it is an the east coast - extinct!

LOL Tight lines as the sign off... more like hang up the gear and accept it as the "new normal " by the government. Anyone else want to puke when they hear that term?

Sick of our governments I general... they sure want your money but not much comes back. I'm getting really fed up with the ABUSE OF POWER twards regular tax paying citizens. Everything I love is been under attack in one way or another (fish, wildlife, firearms) by some %^&^$ in a desk thinking they're saving the world.

Last edited:
Well for those who didn't pay attention and figure it out last time, when the next election comes they better get it right if they want to fish!
Unfortunately the GTA, southern Ontario and the Maritimes went big to the Lieberals and i don't see that changing with Trudeau throwing money around like a drunken herring fisherman

Unfortunately the GTA, southern Ontario and the Maritimes went big to the Lieberals and i don't see that changing with Trudeau throwing money around like a drunken herring fisherman
I'm sure there's more than a few unhappy fishermen in the maritimes especially the commercial guys. Why all of us need to make a point of getting engaged!

Back