Mike's Reel Repair

Where is a good place to buy parts for reels I have a diawa m one that needs a part
Drag parts? There was some type of “recall” or deal where you could get the drag washers replaced for free on the Diawa M Ones. I had mine swapped out at High Water Tackle in North Van free of charge. Not sure if the same deal is still offered now as that was a couple years ago. Night and day difference after the new drag washers.

Hmmmm...just ordered some bearings from there and they haven’t showed after a week.

They said they would be shipped Monday...even Canada Post isn’t that slow.
I ordered some drag parts and it took some time but I finally got half of them. The other half came a lot faster after I gave them a call.

I've been using Mike Flynn @ Country Rod and Reel crafting for some years now. I wouldn't take my gear anywhere else on the Island. Not because there's anything wrong with anyone else, Mike Flynn @ Country R&R is some of the best customer service I've ever had. Great pricing on genuine name brand parts with installation. He's certified and experienced by all the top brands used today on the West Coast. His knowledge is only surpassed by his genuinely kind and helpful attitude. He'll tell you straight away what's wrong and what you're looking at; prior to repair.

I've had lengthy conversations on the phone with Mike (Country R&R Crafting) at no charge, at most times of the day. I've never spent a dollar more than he thought fair (very affordable) and I've NEVER spent a dollar I regret on his services. Time and time again, he's come through in a snap, mid season. Completely grateful for his services and hope he's around for time to come!

Thanks Mike (Flynn)
Country Rod and Reel Crafting
Nanoose Bay, Vancouver Island, BC
I absolutely second that

I will never use mikes reel repair again
Last time I had to get visa/ PayPal involved to get my money back. He shipped me 6 of the “same part numbers” and three different things came in various quantities
He said I ordered wrong stuff. Refused to make it right. Told me not his fault

this was not the first problem I’ve had with him

screw mikes reel repair. They need to go bankrupt

Where is a good place to buy parts for reels I have a diawa m one that needs a part
i got 2 daiwa home never used them one is daiwa m one and the other with the counter i am a shimano reel man make me a offer and you can have both of them

i have been using

Fishing Reel Service and Repair for all my reel repair now and he fix all my electrics reel that Mike reel repaid mess up reel bad and also send all my level wind reel to him and never had a problem anymore with all my reel he is in Port Angeles but when the Coho ferry (black ball) i put them on the ferry and he live right there and pick them up and when repair send them back to me was simple.​

John (owner) save me a lots of money by fixing all my reels after MIKE Reel repaid mess them up and now dont have to buy new reel.​

dont take my word for it just check him out is honest and fair,​

i have been using

Fishing Reel Service and Repair for all my reel repair now and he fix all my electrics reel that Mike reel repaid mess up reel bad and also send all my level wind reel to him and never had a problem anymore with all my reel he is in Port Angeles but when the Coho ferry (black ball) i put them on the ferry and he live right there and pick them up and when repair send them back to me was simple.​

John (owner) save me a lots of money by fixing all my reels after MIKE Reel repaid mess them up and now dont have to buy new reel.​

that hurts my brain to read....

Dave and Gill at high water on lonsdale do a fantastic job, reel gets cleaned and lubed every time you re line and they have done a number of repairs for me over the years on all my reels. Good people good service no ********. Dave’s been in the industry a long time and knows his stuff.

Anyone used Wayne Campbell (Reel Magic) in Victoria for reel repairs? Any reports of the work done here?
Wayne went out of his way and bought specific tools to work on Accurate reels. My reels were in rough shape but he got them back to me in better than factory condition.

Damn! Wish I’d seen this thread a few weeks ago. I ordered some drag washers for some Shimano mooching reels from Mikes.
T2

I was surprised at all the comments regarding Mike's. I was given their name by the folks at Highwater.

Mike's has provided excellent service on 7 reels of mine this past year. I just sent him 6 more reels to service.

Where are all these reels coming from?

My brother is starting to suffer from the more unpleasant parts of Alzheimer's and has been sending me his fishing tackle as well as that of our dad (d. 1974). All of the reels needed cleaning and servicing and Mike's has done a great job on every one. Two reels of my dad's(still in the original boxes with manuals and bills of sale ) Gillian at Highwater told me never to fish with as they are too valuable in OEM form and I promised to bring them back to show her dad once everyone is vaccinated.

When I get the reels back I take them to Highwater and have new line and backing (where applicable) put on them.

I am not sure what I am going to do with these extra 13 reels probably put them in wall case.

My brother was a great fly fisher (he had a lease on the Miramichi River), and had I learned fished everywhere.

I never knew how much he fished as he was pretty low key about it but it all came out when were in NYC and I wanted to get fitted on a try gun so we went to Holland & Holland. https://www.hollandandholland.com/

The store is now closed (it was on Park Avenue) with only a Dallas Store left outside of London.

We were dressed like two Canadian guys would be in January and when we went into H&H we were rebuffed by the first staff member who greeted us. This doofus was trying to tell me they didn't have guns at H&H, I figured it was hopeless and saw my brother coming over to me with a huge grin, he drags me back to the fishing counter where they have these photos on the wall of guys fishing. Jim starts to tell me he know most of these guys and starts to tell me where he met them fishing. This guy and I were on Baffin Island, I met these guys in Scotland...etc. etc he is going on and on.

Now a different guy comes up to us and asks if he can help us. I tell him no, I want to see if I could get fitted on their try gun because I shoot left and have 38.5 inch arms but I had been surprised to learn from their staff that they didn't carry guns and I was just collecting my brother who had I just learned knew and had fished with half the guys on the wall,

The new guy says "who told you we didn't have guns?"

I point to the snotty guy, and this fellow says come with me please, "If you have some time?"

We get into a private elevator and go to the Gun Library where he pours us each a scotch (it is just after 10) and proceeds to show us (once we wash our hands and put on white cotton gloves a gun collection they just bought of Col somebody's H&H guns. I held a 6 gauge double barreled Tiger rifle and a lot of amazing Drillings . The new fellow was the manager.

I told him that I needed some guns restocked to fit me and that I couldn't afford one of their guns but wondered if I could pay for a fitting as my gunsmith in BC wasn't comfortable fitting me because of my freakishly long arms and being a lefty to boot.

He told me they couldn't do it but to go to the Berretta Gallery

https://www.beretta.com/en/new-york-gallery-/

on Madison Ave and give his card to a certain person and ask him if he can help you, (He said he was pretty sure the fellow would help me because he was starting work next week at H&H.)

I said how much will it cost and he said give him what you think is fair (cash). I did and the guys at Italian sporting goods restocked a shotgun and rifle for me.

Hope nobody minds a bump to this old thread.

I sent a Rapala NC1 (really a POS#1) to Mikes Reel Repair on Dec 20, 2021. By the 22, the service technician
phoned to say it was done AND he had repaired with sturdier parts and serviced the reel but needed address information (my fault). Basically same day service offering improvements to a design flaw from Rapala (for $34 including shipping).

Water is hard here now but I tested it on a kid on a skateboard and it seems perfect.

I would not hesitate to use Mikes Reel Repair again. I had service beyond expectations which is rare in this day and age.

i have been using

Did you provide written instructions to the technicians???

Funny I read a post on Facebook that they were no longer in the buisness clearly social media does not know everything lol

With Kevin(reel express) moving to Alberta had to get a few reels serviced, so tried Mikes for the first time in over a decade.
- All my reels were ready within 24hrs.
- Fairly cheap almost on the cost as what Kevin would charge.
- Will definetly use them again.

****** seeing Kevin move to Alberta, but better than some of the crap we are seeing in the "Lower Wasteland".

No problem with Mikes in the past for reels and recently I required a repair on my Lowrance Helix 5 lake fish finder. To my displeasure a new out of the box wouldn't shut off and no fish ID. As the repair distributor for Lowrance they replaced the circuit board. Prompt repair other than they told me I was responsible for delivery. Referred them to the Lowrance RA process and they were responsible. Not sure if it's fixed and by the time, weather, floods, fire, Covid and whatever else gets in my way I may never know before the warranty expires.

Back