Mid grade fuel being eliminated from marinas

scotty

Heads up for everyone running a boat and expecting to see mid grade fuel at your fuel docks. Just was down at Crescent Beach Marina and found that mid grade is no longer available. Parkland has removed mid grade gasoline from Parkland Hatch Point and Burnaby truck racks. This stems from the GREENHOUSE GAS REDUCTION ACT and the RENEWABLE & LOW CARBON FUEL REQUIREMENTS known collectively as BCs low carbon fuel standard. (BC-LCFS)
Need Elon Musk for this one!!!!!!!!
Can anyone send me his contact. Maybe I can assist in developing a new one.

Mid grade prices don’t exist if there is no mode grade fuel. Premium only

Sure glad my boat doesn't require anything other than 87 octane
Unfortunately many marinas/ fuel docks don't offer 87 (Ukee being one who does not). They topped up the mid grade tank (water laced mid grade) with premium and upped the price another 10 cents late summer. Good times at the fuel dock as per usual.

I'm considering other options for fuel but they are all a pita relative to the fuel dock..... they have the fleet by the short and curlies and they know it:(

Our marked 87 at the coop has ethanol as of this summer too. Merc dealer says don't worry about it, but it ain't my favorite. There is about a 40 cent spread between marked reg at the card lock and marine premium. Times that by 12000l a season and it's not a pittance.

Last edited:
Unfortunately many marinas/ fuel docks don't offer 87 (Ukee being one who does not). They topped up the mid grade tank (water laced mid grade) with premium and upped the price another 10 cents late summer. Good times at the fuel dock as per usual.

I'm considering other options for fuel but they are all a pita relative to the fuel dock..... they have the fleet by the short and curlies and they know it:(

Our marked 87 at the coop has ethanol as of this summer too. Merc dealer says don't worry about it, but it ain't my favorite. There is about a 40 cent spread between marked reg at the card lock and marine premium. Times that by 12000l a season and it's not a pittance.
Yeah I specifically asked Stephan about ethanol in the fuel last fall after i hauled Jerry cans often last summer, saving 30-40 cents a liter and he said no problem. It was a pain but I’m not working or fatigued like you guys

Yeah I specifically asked Stephan about ethanol in the fuel last fall after i hauled Jerry cans often last summer, saving 30-40 cents a liter and he said no problem. It was a pain but I’m not working or fatigued like you guys
Kurt said the same. Just add an ethanol stabilizer for storage.

In Glorious Leaders world dead boaters are good for the environment.

Stay on top of your water separators and enjoy your corrosion.

Back