Merry Ukrainian Christmas

Stosh

Merry Ukrainian Christmas - If it wasn’t for my Grandfather, Grandmother and Mother leaving the Ukraine in 1930 to avoid Holodomar (artificial famine created by the Russians 1932/33), me and my sibling’s wouldn’t be here today.
Thank goodness countries like Canada helped immigrants find a great place to live.
Stosh

Merry Ukrainian Christmas - If it wasn’t for my Grandfather, Grandmother and Mother leaving the Ukraine in 1930 to avoid Holodomar (artificial famine created by the Russians 1932/33), me and my sibling’s wouldn’t be here today.
Thank goodness countries like Canada helped immigrants find a great place to live.
Stosh
Same here. My mom's parents settled in Fish Creek Saskatchewan. Merry Christmas, and may there be peace on earth!

Yes sir. Merry Christmas to all.

Parents on my fathers side left Romania and came to Canada in 1913, homesteaded south of Vilna, Alberta, my cousin still farms the land. Parents on my mothers side left Poland in 1916 and homesteaded by Spedon, Alberta. Another cousin still owns the land. We owe those people a lot it wasn’t an easy life for them.

Yes sir. Merry Christmas to all.

Parents on my fathers side left Romania and came to Canada in 1913, homesteaded south of Vilna, Alberta, my cousin still farms the land. Parents on my mothers side left Poland in 1916 and homesteaded by Spedon, Alberta. Another cousin still owns the land. We owe those people a lot it wasn’t an easy life for them.
Apparently all of us that landed that way back in the early 1900's are all now considered white privileged colonialists. My dad and his parents landed from Germany via Russia into Sask in Dec of 1924 in -30 weather and basically worked as slaves on a communal farm living in what amounted to caves. Several siblings died there. Life was tough man.......never once heard them whine tho......Merry Christmas and heres to a better 2023 for all....

Growing up in Oshawa, Ontario with a large Ukrainian community, the majority of the city's residents kept their outdoor Christmas lights and decorations up until "Little Christmas,' as it was known was over.

Keeping with that tradition our Christmas lights are on tonight.

Back