Mercury VesselView help.

vangoalie

Hi everyone, I hoping someone can help. I installed a mercury VesselView mobile on a 2005 optimax saltwater series 115, when I turn on the ignition it turns on and pairs with the phone but I don’t get any engine info, serial number, hours, faults or any information, not sure about the rpm’s as I haven’t run the motor yet. I purchased the yellow terminator as my boat did not have one. Any thoughts?

thanks

Hi everyone, I hoping someone can help. I installed a mercury VesselView mobile on a 2005 optimax saltwater series 115, when I turn on the ignition it turns on and pairs with the phone but I don’t get any engine info, serial number, hours, faults or any information, not sure about the rpm’s as I haven’t run the motor yet. I purchased the yellow terminator as my boat did not have one. Any thoughts?

thanks
When I hooked my VV mobile to my 150 Vrod it prompted me to put that information in? Like the model, DTS, and then verified the serial number (you might not get some of these prompts with the Opti). Are you getting dash lines (-) in the fields or zeros for your RPM etc? also check the temperatures and see if you are getting close to ambient, if it is showing close to ambient and your RPM and oil pressure are 0 it's because well, your outboard isn't running (not trying to be an a$$).

Hope this helps

Last edited:
When I hooked my VV mobile to my 150 Vrod it prompted me to put that information in? Like the model, DTS, and then verified the serial number (you might not get some of these prompts with the Opti). Are you getting dash lines (-) in the fields or zeros for your RPM etc? also check the temperatures and see if you are getting close to ambient, if it is showing close to ambient and your RPM and oil pressure are 0 it's because well, your outboard isn't running (not trying to be an a$$).

Hope this helps
Lol your not being an a$$, all valid questions, it did not prompt me for any info. I am getting - and according to what I have read I should at least be able to see engine hours etc. Without ever starting the engine.

Hope this helps
Good call I didn’t see the serial number part, will enter that tomorrow to see if that fixes it. Thanks for your help!!

Lol your not being an a$$, all valid questions, it did not prompt me for any info. I am getting - and according to what I have read I should at least be able to see engine hours etc. Without ever starting the engine.
This is a gamble, but calling Mercury tech support can be helpful. They helped me with NMEA 2000 trim tab indication on my VV502 but make sure you have concise information and questions and you have all your serial numbers ready, they are usually good for about 5 minutes on the phone before they will tell you to see your closest dealer.

This is a gamble, but calling Mercury tech support can be helpful. They helped me with NMEA 2000 trim tab indication on my VV502 but make sure you have concise information and questions and you have all your serial numbers ready, they are usually good for about 5 minutes on the phone before they will tell you to see your closest dealer.
Thanks Fritz, hoping the serial number entry corrects the issue.

Back