Mercury Pro kicker

abbyfireguy

Looking at a Merc Pro Kicker. Any thoughts on these units pros and cons? Does the power tilt have any issues like some of the Yammie units do?

Bought mine as a lease return from Bridgeview. Absolutely love it! Power tilt comes up nice and high. Idle trolls really low yet has lots of power.

Thanks guys, I think ,I have made up my mind to grab one of the black beauties...early Christmas present to me..

I have the 15 on my Seasport and absolutely love it. No problems with the power tilt at all.

FWIW -- the Mercury Pro Kicker units are made by Tohatsu. If you're looking at the 15Hp unit, the Tohatsu 20Hp unit is the same motor -- just different carb (identical weight and displacement). I've had the Tohatsu 20Hp for 4 seasons now and it's been excellent. The unit comes with electric start & tilt but also features a pull start (nice to have that redundancy as I've learned). It also features a 12A Alternator which is just about the largest you can get for engines in this size range. I found the Tohatsu 20HP to be lower cost than the 15 Merc or Yamaha.

Specs: http://www.tohatsu.com/outboards/20_4st_spec.html

Back