Merc leaking oil/fuel

flytyer

Hey all
On my 1996 115, every time i lift my engine to the stowed position i have a fuel oil mixture that always drain out of the engine cowling area. I have ran my engine and tried it with the cowl removed to see were it comes from but no luck, and of course its no fun to do at a boat launch after a fun day--- any thoughts??? it sure sucks to have this mixture running out through the rear drains down the transom.

my 06 opti 115 leaks fuel with leg down if i shut it off to pick up tubers i get a oil slick off the back swim ladder:(. i hope this is normal. a downer for 2 strokes!
i had power steering fluid leaking out of the bleeders neer the ram wich looked to me like fuel at first. i still cant seem to stop the leakage completely.

Same problem here.
From now on I'm going to run the carbs dry before the tilt.
I was told that's a good idea anyway.

If you are going to let your carb run dry on a oil injected 2 stroke by means of cutting the fuel, you will only be pumping oil into the carb..not good. Merc's leak a little.

My mechanic would buy blown motors due to the oil pump failing, rebuild the power head, and diconnect the oil inject to run mixed fuel instead. One less thing to go wrong. So far so good.
Fuel for thought. :D

Back