Mediterranean Pan-Fried Tuna

Finished Business

I gave this recipe a go, and have been raving to everyone about it. Figure might as well tell people that have tuna in the freezer!

PS...trust the 20seconds per side...frying in the oil cooks it very quickly

enjoy!

Units:

400 g fresh tuna, cut into 2 logs (I used a half loin (1-1.5 LB)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
salt and pepper
4 tbsp vegetable oil
60 ml olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp capers, chopped
1 tomato, diced and deseeded
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 bowls
2 spoons
1 cutting board
1 frying pan
1 spatula
1 sharp knife

Step 1: Make the sauce

Into a bowl add the 60ml of olive oil, minced garlic, capers, tomato, fresh parsley and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.

Step 2: Treat the tuna

Pour the 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a bowl, add the rosemary and the thyme and mix together. Season the tuna heavily with salt and pepper. Spoon the oil mixture onto each piece of tuna and rub it in. You'll get the most effective result by just using your hands.

Step 3: Preheat the oil

Put the vegetable oil into the frying pan and heat it until extremely hot, almost to the point of smoking.

Step 4: Sear the tuna

Place the tuna logs into the hot oil and sear for about 20 seconds on each side. Tuna is preferable served on the rare side because if overcooked it dries up and the flavour can become too strong.

Step 5: Cut the tuna and serve

Once the tuna is cooked cut each piece in half. Place on a serving plate, spoon over the sauce and serve immediately.

Yummmm

-FB

Tried this tonight FB with some albacore, real good will do it again. I can see the end of the tuna in the freezer, till next time.

Glad you liked it! Don't be affraid to try the Tuna Tacos, just add a taco shell and you have the rest in that recipe.

Back