Matis satus , Fishing license ??

Hey alley here's a thought,, work for you're respect,,,don't expect more than the next guy,,,expect to get the shaft from the government.. And last but not least do what the white man does.....SHUT UP, PAY YOUR'E TAXES AND DIE... That's what we do... I am sick and f'in tired of this native whining s***t.. Don't make me pay because your ancestors were to unorganized and dumb to control their borders and lost the war,,, Hey here is an update you may not of heard,, YOUR'E people lost,,, its time to get over it and if you have any pride start over....

A friend of mine is a metis. Native father and a scandinavian mother. I took him fishing quite a few times in the past. Whenever he goes, he gets a free special licence from DFO that is good for a month in a specific area. Possession or daily limits do not apply to him, althought he follows the white man limits when he is with me. Size limits do apply to him the same way they apply to us. If we go to a different area or if his month license has expired, he goes back to DFO for a new or renewed license. Also, his licence allows him only to catch species that are open.

To those of you who had the inclination to bring up WW 2 and service in the armed forces ........I put in my 3 years in the Canadian Army regular and 3 years in the Army reserve primary force and my father served oversea in WW 2 and my Grandfather served overseas in WW 1 , therefore I and my ancestors stood up for this country , how about you ?
I do not ask for tax breaks nor special rights over any others , where did you read this inference ?
I have paid my dues and taxes to this country and only responded to rumours of the so called breaks given to us and unfounded lies about special privilege , if you choose to read something else into it then you are a fool.
And lastly the worst thing this country has is intolerance and hatred which you have so graphically shown me ,is this what you teach your offspring ?
You are beneath contempt !

AL

Hey Walleyes I figured you'd respond to this post.Now your going to go to bed all worked up again.Give me a shout when they let u off that rig.

The truth is not always a nice thing...

Hey Walleyes... I was enjoying the discussion until your post:(
Suggest you keep your type of demeaning comments to the open water with your fishin buds, and not on this forum!!!
PinchMe:D

Walleyes - you have shown your true colours ..or is it colors? I think you should apologize.. and then get off the topic!

what is everyone whinning about here.
walleyes is just telling the truth. you see it right across the whole country. natives get away with everything!
if something goes wrong, well, they'll just pull the god damn ansestors card. stupid indians!

Sorry Fish14
You're off track a bit there.
As was Walleyes.
It's good to have informed opinions, on important matters, but Walleyes was coming down wrongly on a respected member of the board.
Opinions may be vented at the "system", Department of Indian Affairs (if that is what it is still called?), or the whole political/social system, but keep it above the level of personal attack.

I thought Alley Cat had given a good descrption of the Metis position and learned from it when it first arose last year. northerebc reactivated the thread with his post of 3/02 and asked a reasonable question (nice to see somebody reading the older threads).

That does not open up the agenda for venting of personal pet peeves, nor for summarily posting garbage. Suggest you and Walleyes read the whole thread.

The sooner you get better informed of how the system is being abused and the people in this country quit listening to this poor me crap the better off we'll all be...
I happen to live in a community that holds probably 50% Metis and native peoples I have been raised with natives my whole life I have numerous native and metis friends and relatives through marriage so no I am not talking through ignorance... What upsets me is people with this, poor me, look what happened to us attitude and other people sucking it up, well I won't I see the abuse every day... The sooner we quit accepting excuses in this country the better off our natives and metis people will be. We as a society are to blame for the situation our natives are in,, we created them as social cripples and its time to force the hand of self reliance so they can gain self respect and be proud of their accomplishments..

Ah, good, an opinion and personal observations.

No problem, I may or may not agree, such is our freedom.

But your earlier attack/put down of a board member was not warranted.
This is what you were called on.

"Force the hand of self reliance"..... God is the the statement of the white mans burden direct from the history books of imperialism ?.....I have never been without work and have never drawn unemployment insurance , I raised and educated my boys and left them with educational funds for their children , I have served this country in its Armed Forces and respect all cultures contributions to its social fabric.
I fail to see anywhere in the thread whereby I promoted or sought deferential treatment , how that got read into there and the slightly veiled personal attack was what upset me , I am beholden to no one and have helped many unfortunates in my time.
I was a local Union President for 15 years and served on its Executive for 30 years of the 38 years in the Papermaking Industry , to be told I am whining and crying and seeking handouts above everyone else is a blatant distortion of the facts and constitutes an out and out lie.
Your cry for "forcing the hand of reliance" is step back defensive smoke screen , I would have more respect for you if you just came and and said you were prejudiced and felt that the natives and the half breed descendants of this country were not your equals and that way be true to yourself if not others.

AL

northernbc.................
Sorry northernbc I got carried away in the invective , so to answer your question ; the BC connection to native and Scots ancestors in Fort Langley followed from the maternal line , my paternal line goes back to the Red River Valley through the male side of French , Scots again and Ojibway or as they were sometimes called Saulteaux(peoples of the rapids in Athapascan)
Therefore both maternal and paternal sides conveyed Metis blood lines.
Hope that answers your query
Should you want more in depth genealogical data send an email to me personally I don't wish to pursue great detail on this forum.

Thank you for the question .

AL

And my great grandfather came to this country from eastern Europe, on a boat, left his wife and new born child behind for 6 years, road that boat filled with disease and filth for months, got hear, took a train from the east coast to Winnipeg WALKED from there to Alberta,, took out his $25 and got his homestead and broke the land and built something and you know what he got out of all of it, his kids were beat in school for speaking their native tongue, he couldn't get a bank loan because he couldn't speak English and just when the family had 20 cows and a few chickens enough just to live on during the dirty 30s he died over a F***in stump in the field...
So don't tell me what you're people did for this country 200 years ago.. Tell me what they did the last 200 years,, we all payed to build this country if any persons deserve some damn recognition in this country its the Europeans.. We all had a hand building this country,, no one and I mean no one deserves special treatment over the other,, it's time we all swear allegiance to the flag and we all become CANADIANS,,,

Time to let the thread die.
Pointless language and ideas.
Thanks for sticking around Al.

I'm off to my Sons of Norway meeting. No doubt there will be the usual grousing about all the newcomers around these parts from Sweden.

T'is the fishin talk we're here for.

Back