Mastercraft Digital Temperature Readers on sale for $30!

I have one of these. Got it as a gift and wasn't sure how I would use it at the time but man o man I love it. I use it often for checking temperatures.
I have used for tuna fishing checking water temps and to see how cool my fish are on the inside when I am processing. I have checked my smoker temps and my freezer temps. I did not expect to use it so much for food. I take it camping to check my cooler temps. I love this tool. can't beet the price when its on sale.

Don't forget it can be used on your power head to check your engine temps with the cowling off as well. Let's you know if water passages are blocked or your impeller is getting worn out. Handy item for sure.

^ and you can see at what temp the thermostat kicks in too.

Thanks bigdogeh, I bought one at cantire and ordered two more from ebay......:)

SS

They really are handy... I use one at my work for monitoring pumps, electric motors, etc... and have one in my truck to monitor trailer hubs, same as Olde School. laser pointer is a nice feature...
Birdsnest makes some interesting comments on other uses. will have to try some of his uses out....

Can't beat the price-I bit too!! Getting expensive to be on here with all the veteran shoppers digging up the Bargoons!!!LOL

Here is a good little article on how these units work and don't work for certain applications. FYI. They are intended surface temp readings only. Some surfaces will give you a false reading as well. I know we are not allowed to use them for preheat and post heat readings during critical welds and have to use the crayons still. The smooth surface of the steel gives a false reading.

http://blog2.thermoworks.com/2012/03/infrared-thermometry/

My buddy had one and used it all the time..at first I thought just another useless gizmo...but now that I have one they have one it gets used all the time. I detected a 2 deg temp difference in the corner of a bedroom where mold would persistently keep returning.

My buddy had one and used it all the time..at first I thought just another useless gizmo...but now that I have one they have one it gets used all the time. I detected a 2 deg temp difference in the corner of a bedroom where mold would persistently keep returning.
An infra red camera would show that even better. May be worth a look to better understand the situation.

Back