Masterbuilt Smoker

Its a stupid product that Costco has put on their shelfs. Is it up to us to try to fix it? Costco does not pay the sellers for up to a year. Thats why you see fails at Costco as it does not cost them to put things on their selfs good or not. This item is a fail. Sorry

I've been pretty happy with Costco products over the years. You see fails at every retailer. You get what you pay for, and for the difference in price between a Big Chief, and this unit, it's worth the gamble. Will be sure to let everyone know how it stands up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was given a smokey mountain series smoker from costco about 5 years ago ( gift).
I still have it and I am VERY happy with it.

Basic Unit but I do everything from cold smoke lox to candied salmon and hot smoke in it.
It is just like any cooking appliance, you just have to learn how to use it.

OK I'll bite..at least it won't be someone's head

There are pros/cons with every smoker, Bradley pucks are a great money maker for sure...
Got me thinking,somebody should invent a puck press and give the Bradleys a little run...

Here's an idea but it doesn't fit in the tube :( > http://www.petersonpucks.com/

My neighbor has gone through a couple of Bradley's too. It's all offshore crap, build one if you don't want to take a chance.

My wife bought me one as a gift and I think its going to be great. I have a good friend that is a chef and they used one daily in a high end restaurant for a couple of years before going to the Bradely. He thought it was pretty sweet. I also did a bit of googling and it seems they are reasonably well thought of.

One modification that I came across was some people make or add an external smoke generator to the chip loader port to be able to cold smoke etc. Seems pretty easily customizable compared to the bradley and lots of bang for your buck.

Back