Marlon Boats

This maybe a tad over your budget, here is one on FB of a fully rigged 2018 Marlon setup with a 20hp yammy 4stroke

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/527401797949859/
Best of luck in your search but IMO these boats will suit your needs and be reliable
Yeah I did see that one, it is nice but was a little un-sure on if you could put a 14fter in a short box truck, and also a little more then I was hoping to spend.

View attachment 52121 View attachment 52122

Yup she's not for a roof rack........;)
Thanks for the kind words BGM

Looks very nice! super clean install!

Yeah I did see that one, it is nice but was a little un-sure on if you could put a 14fter in a short box truck, and also a little more then I was hoping to spend.

Looks very nice! super clean install!

A 14 foot boat in a truck bed that is what, max 8 feet, might be tricky, especially with a Marlon, they are very wide boats, the widest of its class. Some of the Trackers and Lowe’s are narrower and might fit between the wheel wells, but not a Marlon. Even a small 10 foot Marlon won’t fit most truck beds.

If it was myself I'd be leaning towards a Lund WC14 or the Princecraft Ungava's. Both are tested and true and have a solid reputation and I'm sure some used will come up over the next month or two if you're willing to wait. Or you could pay the extra and it would still hold it's resale value too.

I've seen the Marlon's at the Abbotsford boat show and they look shiny and nice but also they looked bulky and tank link (square boxy) too. I don't know if I'd want to use it in too much chop like what you might run into. The flat bottom's would be pretty nice to fly fish out of on a small to medium size lake.

If it was myself I'd be leaning towards a Lund WC14 or the Princecraft Ungava's. Both are tested and true and have a solid reputation and I'm sure some used will come up over the next month or two if you're willing to wait. Or you could pay the extra and it would still hold it's resale value too.

I've seen the Marlon's at the Abbotsford boat show and they look shiny and nice but also they looked bulky and tank link (square boxy) too. I don't know if I'd want to use it in too much chop like what you might run into. The flat bottom's would be pretty nice to fly fish out of on a small to medium size lake.
I had an 12 foot Ungava and I regret selling it because it was a deep v hull and the draft and freeboard length made it super safe in choppy conditions. Plus it was very quiet. I had that puppy in the Port Alberni inlet fishing sockeye with two electric downriggers and it never skipped a beat. It was easily transportable on a roof rack or trailer, although it took a bit of time to rig up after unloading from the roof.

Has anyone had any experience with Sylvan Yukon? theres a 12ft for sale with 2006 honda 15hp on it and a galvanized karvan trailer for 3800. The price seems a bit high to me I guess the motor has some value. From my quick research they are apparently a pretty light gauge aluminum boat.
Anyone have an first hand experiences with these or know if they're any good and what they're worth?

Has anyone had any experience with Sylvan Yukon? theres a 12ft for sale with 2006 honda 15hp on it and a galvanized karvan trailer for 3800. The price seems a bit high to me I guess the motor has some value. From my quick research they are apparently a pretty light gauge aluminum boat.
Anyone have an first hand experiences with these or know if they're any good and what they're worth?

I had one for several years, about 20 years ago... Biggest and best little 12 ft tinny in a deep-V design that I ever saw.. Had an 8 HP 2 stroke Yamaha on it. Did just fine as a combo.. Eventually upsized to a 16 ft tinny for my freshwater fishing...

Have a look at a Journey if you are considering a Jon type boat. BC built out of Kamloops rather than China, less $$ than a Spratley, a little lighter, 15hp Max and seats 4 with an open middle seat design. Welds are not factory pretty like the Spratley but extremely well built with .080 gauge aluminium. After researching I settled on a 12' Journey and the compelling reason was the 3 seats and stability far superior than a Jon boat.
Yup. I just payed my deposit and got in the queue for a 11.5 foot Journey. Came highly recommended from arguably the most knowledgeable lake fly fisher in the province. He used them at work as well. Says they are very stable, and a work horse. I'm looking forward to getting it out on the lakes next year.

Back