Maple Salmon

Islandgirl

Very Good simple recipe.. I like to add a bit of cayenne because I like the heat. Cooking time is dependant on thickness and I usually take out of the oven when still slightly under done.. it continues cooking for a while.

Ingredients
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound salmon
Cayenne Pepper optional

Directions
1.In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
2.Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
3.Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4.Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 15 minutes, or until ALMOST cooked through.

NOTE: cooking times vary according to thickness etc.

thanks islandgirl ,, was deli ishus.

I always have a few pinks kicking around at the end of the BBQ season. I was thinking of candying it. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Try the same recipe but use GRAINY MUSTARD instead of cayenne and no garlic. It goes amazing with maple syrup. I saw it on a cooking show and it is one of my favs for salmon. maple syrup and grain mustard also rocks on BBQ chicken!

Here's my basic salmon marinade/paste. Mix it up, trowel it on with a spoon and let marinade for a day, then throw those pinks on the BBQ, but keep the squirt gun handy for the usual pink salmon fat/sugar fire flare-ups.
1 cup brown/dark/cane sugar. 1 tablespoon dry hot mustard powder. mix that up. add a few splashes of dark soya sauce until it is a barely wet paste. spoon it onto the top of a your salmon fillets and smooth it out evenly. Cover the dish and pop it in the fridge for a few hours to marinade (or just marinade inside a big zip-loc bag). the sugar melts down with the moisture of the salmon. flip the fillets and scoop some of the marinade from the bottom of the dish and coat the other side.(or turn your ziploc bag over) let marinade for a few more hours/overnight. Throw it on the BBQ and enjoy the candy.

salmon and maple syrup? I'm not a big fan of unusual mixes, but as far as I can see the feedbacks are very nice, people seem to love it. I'll give it a try this weekend then, thanks for the recipe :)

Back