Man Fined for Taking Halibut Illegally in British Colombia

GLG

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/media/charges-inculpations-eng.htm

October 15, 2011

Victoria (BC.) – The Department of Commercial Fishers and Oceans (DFO), Pacific Region, today announced the sentence imposed to a man for being in possession of one very small Halibut and for fishing for Halibut during a close time, contrary to sections 59 (3) and 57 (1)(a) of the Pacific Fishery Regulations, 2011.

On October 15, 2011, Mr. Holmes of Gold River, British Colombia, pleaded guilty in Campbell River provincial court to being in possession of 1 illegally caught halibut. Judge Judy of the provincial court fined him $1000 for possession of the halibut and $1000 for fishing unlawfully. Judge Judy told Mr. Holmes that he was required to pay the fish lords as set out in the revised edition of the Magna Carta that was passed by Queen Gail Shea back on February 15, 2011.

Mr. Holmes on leaving the courthouse said, “I only wanted to feed my family and thought as a Canadian Citizen I had the right to do so.”

Mr. Holmes plans to appeal, as he knows that the Supreme Court of Canada, being the fair-minded individuals they are, will see it his way.

On the morning of September 1, 2011, fisheries officers from the Gold River detachment saw Mr. Holmes with a fishing rod heading toward Nootka Sound in a boat. From an observation post, they then saw him leave the Sound and return to the dock. As soon as he arrived, the officers intercepted him, with their guns drawn, and discovered the 1 measly Halibut. Mr. Holmes surrendered and was taken to jail without a fight.

DFO is committed to the conservation and protection of commercial fishing industry on the west coast. Anyone wishing to report suspicious fishing activities may do so by contacting their nearest DFO office, or by contacting Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. A reward will be paid to anyone reporting halibut infractions. A fund has been setup by the fishing lords to encourage the public to turn in their family and friends.

Canada Gazette

Done laughing well time to do something.
GLG:mad:

1.gif

"Colombia" eh?

An FN spokesperson has stated that they wish to examine the fish as if it is one of theirs it will take serious cash to heal the possible starvation issue and mental anguish.........

Come on now! Now I know that this story isn't true, "Mr. Holmes surrendered and was taken to jail without a fight."

There is no way that Holmes surrendered without a fight:p:D.

Great post GLG, love it!:cool:

Almost as good as the used line thread...............

There is no point in commenting at this time holmes. Anything we say or suggest will just be ripped apart. Calmer heads will prevail.

Holmesy[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your idea has merit but I don’t recommend that you do it without organized support with others[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PM incoming.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

There is no point in commenting at this time holmes. Anything we say or suggest will just be ripped apart. Calmer heads will prevail.

You think so? No offence, but the line has been drawn in the sand, and this government is now in serious trouble. The fight with the government has just begun and it will get ugly. Let the chips fall where they may. If the people who actually fish commercially are as smart as I think they are, they will join us. There is no need to reply to this f4a as I am striving to stay calm and focused.

How about a Oct 1 coast wide halibut derby, no entry fee no prizes all halibut goes to local food banks.

Back